EDtracker... do I have a bad sensor?

Hey all... Just started playing ED recently and while I plan on getting an occulus when released, I saw info on the EDtracker and had to give it a shot. I built my own using the hardware and diagrams specified on the EDtracker site. I've got it all together and have calibrated. All has gone more or less smoothly, but the operation doesn't work as expected. I've run through the calibrations twice. The issue is, that while the Yaw tracks fine and works great, the pitch is messed up. If I move my head up (this is in the EDtracker software), then the virtual head does the same and moves up as it should, but as soon as I stop moving my head, the virtual head bounces back to or past center, easing to a stop a few seconds later. The initial track works, but as soon as the sensor stops moving the head bounces back in the opposite direction. Like I said the side to side works perfectly, only the up/down is messed up, like the gyro and accelerometer on that axis are working opposite each other or something.

DO i just have a funky sensor board? Its the 6050 as I was impatient and didn't want to wait for the 9150.

Any help appreciated... thanks

-David

Is this with their PCB or did you wire it yourself? I have the 9150 and I failed quite hard on the wiring, it looked right from the diagrams but it only worked with a test firmware and the gyro wasn't recognized. The PCB works perfectly now though. I'd recommend grabbing the PCB if you haven't already, it's tiny and guaranteed to work.

I was going to order their board, but didn't want to wait the 2 or 3 weeks it would take to get one shipped, so I just put it together myself with some protoboard. This particular problem sounds weird for a wiring issue, but I suppose it's possible. Not sure it's possible to unsolder everything to try again with ought buying new boards. Everything works good except for the rubber band effect on the pitch...

thanks

-David

Is this with their PCB or did you wire it yourself? I have the 9150 and I failed quite hard on the wiring, it looked right from the diagrams but it only worked with a test firmware and the gyro wasn't recognized. The PCB works perfectly now though. I'd recommend grabbing the PCB if you haven't already, it's tiny and guaranteed to work.

Top Bottom