Education: add something

Hey everyone

Today I wanted to talk about the guest education in PZ. From what I have read some people suggest there needs to be some changes or major improvements in how our education system works.

I’ll admit it’s kinda annoying setting up education speakers without automatically recognizing the fact that it’s being set up next to a specific habitat. I like setting up the conservation boards and picking topics but I think there can be improvements.

While watching The Zoo I learned that they have several ambassador animals used in presentations, encounters and talks for guests (some include a kangaroo, lemur, warthog and a binturong). Some zoos have educational shows bringing out animals, on the Irwin show they have the croc coliseum where guests can learn about crocs. Going to aquariums and some National park centers I’ve noted the education theaters playing movies/documentary’s.

On personal experience. At the Alaska sea life center I got to do exclusive encounters led by interns in their seabird aviary (filled with puffins, auklets, murres, etc) and in their octopus laboratory. Before guests get to feed these animals they go through an hour long class on said animals as well as learning about the missions of the Sealife center. Then it’s on to the encounters.

Also at the Alaskan Conservation Center me and friends got to feed one of the coastal brown bears. While it was exciting and fun it was kept at an appropriate distance while we fed the bear meat and vegetables. While doing the feeding we got a brief behind the scenes and learned about the centers missions. There is also an encounter for kids to feed the moose.

So therefore I am in the hopes of some kind of education dlc with something along the lines of an education center that could apply to things I said above. I don’t remember utilizing the tour guides much in zoo tycoon but would y’all want something along those lines? Maybe even some kind of summer camp or school programs that could provide an education for kids?

Thoughts suggestions on how to make the education system fun or how you would want it in your zoo?

I like most of those ideas. I think it might be too difficult to add in specific animal encounters, however, as zoos tend to limit these to a select few guests at a time and programming something like that might be difficult, not to mention the return from it in-game might be too small to make it worth it, but an over-all education centre facility could be a nice addition.

It would probably help raise zoo reputation, and seeing guests interact with animals (in a positive way) is something I would like to see

Would love to see ambassador animals and more education options. Someone mentioned that new education functions might be a good mechanic if they ever do an "endangered species" pack, since it could fit in with a theme.

Personally, I think that the new educators and educator talks may be able to be used for some of these. Just build your pavillion and education center in a way that bumps up to a habitat gate or exhibit, and voila! I'm looking forward to seeing how the announced talks work and what their radius is, and from there we can probably do a lot of interesting things.

Many zoos have amphitheaters where they do educational shows of different kinds, featuring socialized/trained animals of particular species. Some zoos also have trainers/keepers come out into the zoo with certain socialized animals that can safely be shown to guests closer up and (hopefully) without stressing those particular animals.

I don't know what programming this in would entail for the developers, but I agree it would be a cool addition.

Top Bottom