Newcomer / Intro Efficiency Target Bonus, how much it is?

In some comments they say 15%, some 25%, some even "don't bother, it's fixed to a meager 1-2 k"

Does anyone here know the exact percentage?

thank you!

I've wondered that myself. I happen to have two commanders on the same carrier, so testing should be pretty straightforward (both have identical DBX's, including the engineering).

I've bookmarked this thread, and will reply with my results by the end of the weekend.

How about if you shoot two featureless crappy smooth white rocky planets or something, but waste some probes on one shooting the same place before finishing the job. Then compare how much dough you get on sale

Or cut to the chase,

Five dolla

How about if you shoot two featureless crappy smooth white rocky planets or something, but waste some probes on one shooting the same place before finishing the job. Then compare how much dough you get on sale
That's what I intend to do, with two different commanders in the same system. I'll FSS with both first, sell that data, then return to DSS the first body with each. I'll then turn that in, and record each commander's result. I'll keep DSSing and selling one body at a time until I have the system completed, skipping anything over a 7 probe goal. This will already take quite a bit of time without probing gas giants.

Oh yeah that's a good idea maybe do with two CMDRs, perhaps 4 planets, one efficient on {1,3} and overkill on {2,4} and the vice versa. I think you will extrapolate whether it is a percent or fixed, and how much, .. by the way,

If you need a good reliable DSS go see my man at any reputable outfitter. TELL EM I SENT YA

I have three accounts. The primary and secondary have identical ships with fully engineered surface scanners. I'll just intentionally miss the bonus target every time with the second commander. My third account is a relatively new Steam commander with no engineering available, so he's not participating.

I have three accounts. The primary and secondary have identical ships with fully engineered surface scanners. I'll just intentionally miss the bonus target every time with the second commander. My third account is a relatively new Steam commander with no engineering available, so he's not participating.
One of the easiest ways to miss the bonus would be to double tap the trigger every launch so you get two probes to every location, I have missed the bonus in the past by doing this by accident so it should work when done on purpose.

I kneww somehow you are thrice the commander as I am, Fixitman

I'm setup to start testing tomorrow. I've found a system with 8 Icy bodies and an Icy moon. The moon is going to be tough to miss the bonus on, so I'll use that as a control. On the rest, I'll fire the probes at the same spot until I've lost the bonus, then finish the scan. Gotta keep my technique the same, just in case that has an effect (you never know with ED).

The FSS payout was the same for both commanders, so that's a good sign. I'll work on the surface scans as I have time over the next couple days.

At first, I forgot I could click on the system name in the Universal Cartographics screen for system details. I remembered at the last planet for commander 1, so commander 2 was all done in a single trip. The moon actually had a goal of 6 probes, the rest were all at 7.

* I intentionally got the bonus on the moon for both commanders to verify consistency.

Based on the following results, I think it's safe to say it's a 25% bonus (for Icy bodies anyhow).

Core Sys Sector GH-M a7-3
BodyCommander 1Commander 2Bonus
12,6442,11525.012 %
22,6782,14225.023 %
32,5242,01925.012 %
42,5242,01925.012 %
52,5332,02625.025 %
62,7362,18924.989 %
* 6a2,3212,32100.000 %
72,6432,11425.024 %
82,6492,11925.012 %

For those not aware: the "Engineered Detailed Surface Scanner V1" can be bought for materials at Human Tech Brokers and has +100% probe radius. It makes missing the efficiency target near impossible, and saves a lot of time. Get one if you're planning to DSS regularly!
(Don't bother engineering a credits DSS. G5 gives only +50% radius, which compares as "trash" because of math.)

Top Bottom