Efficient Engineering Mod / 0 damage (reported)

I have a feeling this change was done on purpose. The reason I say that is because the actual blueprint at the engineer's menu (in this case Broo Tarquin) - does NOT list extra damage as one of the benefits of the mod.

It's possible that they saw that most people are using Efficient Weapon and decided to nerf it. Though if that's the case, I wish the had actually communicated this change.

effwep.png

Looking at Inara, there was a boost to damage, so historically there was a boost. Is the picture of Broo after or before the update?

There was definitely a boost on multi cannons or I would have done something else.
If they've removed it it's back to the grind....

Looking at Inara, there was a boost to damage, so historically there was a boost. Is the picture of Broo after or before the update?
There was definitely a boost on multi cannons or I would have done something else.

The picture of Broo is after the update, I just took the screenshot like an hour ago.

I think you both misunderstood my post: I'm not denying that there was a change. The Efficient Weapon mod used to give a boost to damage, and now it does not.

What I was saying is that, because the engineering menu itself changed - it no longer lists the damage % increase - that this change may have been intentionally made, rather than being a bug. My reasoning is that perhaps fdev felt it was an overpowered modification.

However, I also posted in the update thread and someone said that this is being checked if it was intended or not at least, so we'll see.

Have they really nerfed it, or just buggered it up like the PA infinity damage?
jfc they really don't care about the players at all do they.

The picture of Broo is after the update, I just took the screenshot like an hour ago.

I think you both misunderstood my post: I'm not denying that there was a change. The Efficient Weapon mod used to give a boost to damage, and now it does not.

What I was saying is that, because the engineering menu itself changed - it no longer lists the damage % increase - that this change may have been intentionally made, rather than being a bug. My reasoning is that perhaps fdev felt it was an overpowered modification.

However, I also posted in the update thread and someone said that this is being checked if it was intended or not at least, so we'll see.
Hopefully we’ll get a straight forward response to your post.

This is not intented, if that would a case, then they surely would mention about it at patch notes, and since other mods are broken, such as overcharged on lasers, any of them(pulse/burst/beam), does not have dmg boost, yet still draw more distro and heat. While overcharged multicannons are just fine as they where before.

I have quite lots of laser weapons, wich all are either overcharged or efficent. Those are useless now.

Or long range PAC, if that have plasma slug, instead of having -10% dmg plenalty from effect, it have now -60.6%. While railguns, along LR and plasma slug, its penalty its just -3.3%, while it should be -10%. Same mods and same effects, yet quite diffrent results, and since its like that, it can be only explain as messy bug.

While try puting Oversized on PA.... Good luck with one-shoting all things even thagoid Hydra, despite its 99% dmg resistance, and that alone should be enough why hotfix is rather needed sooner than later. But again, good luck with getting that one bugged out, as I not able to get my PA into weapon of doom.

So yeah, its so messed up, that my only bulid that is not "nerfed" by that mess, its my railgun phantom, wich does now extra 6% dmg per railgun, lol.

Edit:

So I went to my old fella bill, to see whats going on... I wanted to see if I can make a c2 PA into one-shot killer, but it did not work for me. I guess only handfull players were able to have it. For me, oversized granted me a whoopin 0.3% dmg boost, and it should be 3%. Plasma slug effect on PA, is -60.6% reduce from -10%. Phasing seq should have -10% penalty, it does only have -2.2%.

For any mod that increase dmg, overcharged/short blaster/efficent it still does it, but only partial. G5 OC/SR nearly 15% increase dmg, G5 efficent only +4%.

Looks like almost anything what messing with dmg values is broken. And seems like diffrent weapons trees was affected diffrently.

So yeah, laser and plasma weapons was affected most by that.

Last edited:
Just realized that not only has the damage for my G5 efficient beam been removed but so has the damage boost from the oversized experimental.
I really don’t think this is working as intended.

Let’s hope they fix this as efficient pulse lasers and overcharged multicannons are both rather popular weapons. I would think this would be a hotfix matter and not something we would be waiting for a full update to address.

I have a feeling this change was done on purpose. The reason I say that is because the actual blueprint at the engineer's menu (in this case Broo Tarquin) - does NOT list extra damage as one of the benefits of the mod.

Those descriptions were written in early 2016 and reflect the original incarnation of the mods, many of which have been significantly altered.

It's conceivable they deliberately rebalanced a bunch of mods without saying so, but I think it's more likely they simply broke (many) something(s).

Those descriptions were written in early 2016 and reflect the original incarnation of the mods, many of which have been significantly altered.

It's conceivable they deliberately rebalanced a bunch of mods without saying so, but I think it's more likely they simply broke (many) something(s).
This is what I would hope is the case. Otherwise, this would be an unsolicited fix for an imaginary problem.

The descriptions in that engineering menu definitely used to list a damage increase, before the update.
I remember that was the case when I was applying the mod to some burst lasers - so it's not like those descriptions have never changed since being originally written.

The descriptions in that engineering menu definitely used to list a damage increase, before the update.
I remember that was the case when I was applying the mod to some burst lasers - so it's not like those descriptions have never changed since being originally written.

Yes, the list of modifications has generally changed with any changes to the effect of the mod.

I was referring to the text descriptions, which, if I recall correctly, haven't changed since the 2.1 beta. The efficient weapon text, for example, makes no mention of a damage increase, which was the original state of the mod, but a large damage increase was added to the base blueprint with 3.0 because random damage increasing secondary effects were common in the old system.

Top Bottom