ELI5 - How to breed properly, with making CC in mind? No puppy farming.

What I personally do:
Have a breeding pair. When babies grow up, put the best one in the trade center, release/sell the others.
Everytime another litter grows up, if one of them is better than the one in the trade center, sell the one in the trade center and replace it with that new one.
Once the breeding pair dies of old age/gets rehomed, find a mate for your animal in the trade center in the market, don't forget to "compare mates" before buying: breeding strong size/longevity is very likely to give strong (or even stronger) size/longevity, but immunity/fertility is based on genome diversity, so sometimes, a 0% immunity animal would actually be your best choice. Here is info on how genes work: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetZoo/comments/e30gx7 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetZoo/comments/e30gx7/data_how_genes_and_breeding_works_in_planet_zoo/

Aardvarks and Tapirs appear as $ animals sometimes.. That's how I got them really early on in my first zoo..

Btw, no surprise that there arent many Aardvarks/tapirs. Their behavior limits breeding.. They fight immediately when there are too 'many' in the habitat.

And some animals just aren't popular..

A lot of CC actually came from releasing good quality cheetahs and lions to the wild, you can get 700-900 for the cheetahs and 1000-1500 CC for lions..
That's a lot more you will get from selling it on the market, and maturing doesn't take that long.. There are too many lions on the market to earn good CC.

Eliselove already explained the best way (and cheapest) to avoid inbreeding and maintain good quality animals.
Personally I would go with animals where you can have 1 male and multiple females.

I gained a lot of CC from the Giraffes..
Spent a lot of CC for good young giraffes. When you have them in your zoo, it's not that difficult to maintain a decent population in your zoo and sell the occassional giraffe.

i just let my peacocks go for it. It was a pit of sex and sin.....it was a peacock orgy. Then i got bored and moved them all into my trade centre and now they are stuck as they are all under 3 (i sold the randy parents and older siblings). Now i cant get rid of them so will have to put them all back into an enclosure of shame until they are old enough to sell on to a butchers somewhere for a christmas lunch

i just let my peacocks go for it. It was a pit of sex and sin.....it was a peacock orgy. Then i got bored and moved them all into my trade centre and now they are stuck as they are all under 3 (i sold the randy parents and older siblings). Now i cant get rid of them so will have to put them all back into an enclosure of shame until they are old enough to sell on to a butchers somewhere for a christmas lunch

Pit of sex and sin. I love it. 😅

Thank you for your explanation although I don't quite understand this bit. I've heard it before but it makes no sense to me. If you put together 2 super parents you should get a super baby! :p
La Chouette posted very detailed informations about how the genetics are working.

And it's like in reality - some people would consider celebrity stars as super-humans ... well... uhm, I'm just kidding, no offenses here 🤭
This is my experience as well. Aardvarks and Baird's Tapirs are almost non exsistent on the market. Golden bongos are very rare as well and they sell for crazy high prices.
I haven't tried to breed Aardvarks yet - maybe I should try it next - but as I breed Tapirs and Bongos, these are another great example of the strange market situation.

I don't know why golden Bongos were sold for these absurdly high prices. Yes, I understand how supply and demand determine the market prices, but Bongos? They are very easy to keep happy (cheap feeding costs, simple enrichments, simple enclosure), have a lot of offspring in their lifespan, will mature at only 2 years of age and you can have several female in one habitat. Additionaly, the Frontier Zoo is selling a lot of Bongos for cash.

Tapirs are the opposite, I understand why you have to pay more for them. You can only have a couple / habitat and they are monogamous, the feeding costs are higher, they are more picky about enrichment items, need more effort to build their habitat (need water, more plants, etc.), have less offsprings, and Frontier Zoo is selling less of them.
(and they are super cute, sorry Bongos ;))

I have not played for a week, are gold bongos prices really that high? I got about 4 of them a two weeks ago around 30 cc each, all with great genetics. Guess the market is always changing.

Then you may call yourself lucky, the prices are usually much higher. :)

These are the currently available Bongos (active filter: bronze or better). Besides these six, there are 4 or 5 for cash on the market. But they are currently rather cheap, the prices were twice as high on the last weekend.

bongos.jpg

Edit:
Oh well, here we go...:LOL:😲😂

bongos2.jpg

No, they are not mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom