Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous 2.2.03 - Update incoming.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Player Journal

- Improved atmosphere description in player journal
- Added "Target" property in player journal when recording a kill
- Fixed json syntax for Interdiction event
- Fix for getting the correct faction when docking at a station (to write into the journal)
- When a ship/slf takes damage, the journal entry now includes whether it's the ship or fighter, and whether the player is the pilot
- Added a journal entry when gaining Federation or Empire rank

Where do we find this journal please? I don't think I've seen it so far in the game, and this Change Log implies this is a change to the journal, not the introduction of one.

Really disappointed the shield booster diminishing returns and the increased armor hardness didn't go in after all. Guess invincible ships, 30+ minute PvP, massive disparity between modded and unmodded, and running away the second your shields drop it is then.

I can only guess they decided they had to go back to the drawing board and try again, rather than just give up the idea altogether. Hopefully we'll hear a dev comment on what happened and what they plan to do next. Anyone ask Ed during the livestream? ;)

Thank you Fdev!
The changes to Powerplay are much appreciated.
I do have a question concerning the military slots: how come all of the Federal ships received one but the imperial Clipper nor the Courrier received one?
What's the rational being this decision?

Imperial ships are multipurpose - The Military modules are only for military ships. To be honest I'm surprised the Conda and Cutter got some...

- - - Updated - - -

Confirming, crafting commodities are gone for good!

Not for good, only until they add commodity storage at the Engineer bases

I see the rapid fire mod change has not been transferred correctly to live......all my Grade 5 have now actually increased in rate of fire to on average of over 65%....which means the cook my ships very quickly now!!!!!!

Also in the new stats window its not adding up the resistances correctly...ive got thermals resistance which should be +41% only showing as +32% etc

Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but have commodities been removed from engineer recipes.

I understand this to be the case, but does this mean the recipes are the same just minus the commodities to have the recipes been changed by changing the other mix to make it more challenging ?

Thanks for the update guys [up]

Can anyone in FDev confirm when they will get around to fixing the ghosting issues Saitek joysticks have?

I've played Elite on 3 separate OS' and 2 separate joysticks now from Windows 7, 8 and now 10 and from the X52 pro to the X55 Rhino (with and without Saitek's drivers and software), and the ghosting has happened on all of them. Very frustrating when your scooping from a star and your FSD starts charging out of the blue and fries all your systems! I haven't made a bug report because everyone who I've talked to about it has said FDev is already aware of the problem and "will fix it"

Not exactly game breaking I admit but a resolution would be nice.

I never had this problem with my X-52, but I did with my X-56's (Amazon said we are not replacing this a 4th time) - a powered USB hub (plugged straight into the wall/power strip) fixed this issue for me, and for others as well. The one I got was around $20 USD, so you might want to give that a try.

Riôt

I didn't see anything in the patch notes about the efficient weapons synthesis. Does anyone know if there were changes made? Apparently upgrading multi cannons to 30% was a no-no in previous build. What is the consensus now?

Great looking patch there, especially the Engineer Commodity change - that should make most people pretty happy, I would think.

Regarding the SRV - what, exactly, is malfunctioning? Is there something that a player is unable to find, or is it just a sound issue?

I only use it for screenshots and shooting rocks for mats - I just follow the pips in the lower portion of the scanner, and that works just fine. Since I don't use the SRV for everything that it can be used for, I 'm curious as to what the failure is, and how does it affect those that are hearing-impaired?

Riôt

Where do we find this journal please? I don't think I've seen it so far in the game, and this Change Log implies this is a change to the journal, not the introduction of one.

Yes, I would like to know where that is as well.

I am hoping it's an in-game journal and not just an API/log switch, although I have a vague recollection it may be the latter.

Nice job, FD.

Lots of worthy mission spawning.

AI increased difficulty (just got chased by a NPC Conda through 3 systems)

Great fun, thanks

Downloading now :)

NB. DON'T FORGET TO RE-ENABLE VERBOSELOGGING in AppConfig.xml

edit <download complete>

^^ do we still need to do this? I haven't for the last updates and EDdiscovery has been working fine.

Not needed if you use an AppConfigLocal.xml file instead. While AppConfig may get overwritten during updates, the Local one does not. Put it in the same place as the AppConfig file. Here's mine as a sample:

Code:
<AppConfig>
  <Network
    Port="5100"
    upnpenabled="0"
    LogFile="netLog"
    DatestampLog="1"
		VerboseLogging="1"
ReportSentLetters="1"
ReportReceivedLetters="1">
  </Network>
</AppConfig>

Forgive me if I missed some news, but after glancing at the patch notes, did they decide to not go through the gimbal nerf and need for A-grade sensors? If so, I'm loving this update!

Getting interdicted constantly by Clean Imperial Navy Vessels. Not wanted, Not in PP - ships don't scan me. What nonsense is this?

Getting interdicted constantly by Clean Imperial Navy Vessels. Not wanted, Not in PP - ships don't scan me. What nonsense is this?

Are you in a system that is in conflict (war or civil war)? Navy ships will routinely interdict you, but never scan or communicate.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom