News Elite Dangerous 2.3 The Commanders Incoming

This means I won't be playing anytime until tomorrow now coz I am based in Manila. GMT +8 so it will be 2:30 am for me.

I am legitimately off work today, because I work at the weekends. I also have Beta access, so it should not take long to update at my end (as I have been keeping the Beta version updated). I am now heading into a bunker so that I can ward off attacks from jealous Players!

6A5RrsM.gif

Hi everyone,

The Commanders Update 2.3 will be going live today! The Elite Dangerous servers will be unavailable from around 9.30am BST until the new updates are live. We expect the downtime to last until around 6PM BST. In the meantime, we will have a livestream starting at 2PM BST, so join us there! David Braben will also be doing an AMA on Reddit at 11am too!

I'll add the changelog to this post as soon as it's available. Thanks!

Thanks.

In game I got the message.

"The servers will be down in 1 minute for the 2.3 update... Please find somewhere safe and log out!!!"

Last edited:
Good luck with the update, Frontier. I hope it goes smoothly.

I am really looking forward to 2.3. Multi-crew is so much fun, and the holo-me and camera features are awesome.

Wouldn't it be more efficient if there was another server with 2.3 on it, then when the update starts, the user database is copied over? Then there would be minimal downtime, compared to taking the server down and putting the new game code in.

Yes, this is how Guildwars 2 does it. It is pretty cool tech.

Hi everyone,

The Commanders Update 2.3 will be going live today! The Elite Dangerous servers will be unavailable from around 9.30am BST until the new updates are live. We expect the downtime to last until around 6PM BST. In the meantime, we will have a livestream starting at 2PM BST, so join us there! David Braben will also be doing an AMA on Reddit at 11am too!

Excellent, looking fw to it!

Hi everyone,

I feel like it is my birthday :D

Hi everyone,

Wife is not going to be happy! :p

Wouldn't it be more efficient if there was another server with 2.3 on it, then when the update starts, the user database is copied over? Then there would be minimal downtime, compared to taking the server down and putting the new game code in.

Sounds expensive. ;)

Top Bottom