Newcomer / Intro Elite: Dangerous – a comprehensive beginner’s guide [Beyond 3.3 edition]

Hey, this is a very helpful compilation. Thanks! Will there be an updated version for Odysee features and gameplay?
It's a good question! I'm pretty busy at the moment (learning to code and other stuff). And, to be honest, bugs and performance issues aside, I've found the EDO content to be very underwhelming and I've been losing my motivation to play. So, I'm kinda taking a break from ED while they patch the hell out of Odyssey and will maybe return in a month or so and see how I feel.

So, I guess that's a big maybe and certainly not anytime soon 😀

Howdy virtual space folk!

In addition to the web version of my super-duper in-depth Elite: Dangerous beginners guide, there's now a PDF version also available for download. Many thanks to CMDR Aurelius Borealis for creating and hosting the PDF version.

Also, the awesome Commander Chanurr has translated my entire Elite: Dangerous beginner’s guide into Spanish. So, if you’re a Spanish speaker, then be sure to download the PDF.

o7

Last edited: 26 Sept 2020
thanks for that awesome guide; I will study it closely. Just blundering around running errands i have upgraded to the Cobra Mk3, and have about 500K banked. time to plot my course forward... Now when i am driving my car i think I am in the space ship....

thanks for that awesome guide; I will study it closely. Just blundering around running errands i have upgraded to the Cobra Mk3, and have about 500K banked. time to plot my course forward... Now when i am driving my car i think I am in the space ship....
You're welcome. Whenever I play space games, I always close the blinds and turn the lights down low so it feels more like being in a spaceship. I've been doing that since the original Elite game 😁

You're welcome. Whenever I play space games, I always close the blinds and turn the lights down low so it feels more like being in a spaceship. I've been doing that since the original Elite game 😁
I would sneak into my kid's room late at night to play Elite on our Commodore 64 with the red joy stick with the one button..... (Sentry was another awesome C64 game)

Does anyone here have any idea what the new semi-hexagonal icons are? They appear at fixed points in the sky and can be white, yellow, and red. They are accompanied by an arrow which orbits the main hexagon...but what they are pointing at and what they represent seem to be a mystery.

In addition to the web version of my super-duper in-depth Elite: Dangerous beginners guide, ...

You might want to be aware that new players (in the Live games) no longer start in the Pilots Federation District. I have tried doing fresh starts in Horizons and Odyssey, skipping the training and undertaking the tutorials - in no case was I able to start in the noob-zone and didn't have the permit issued. So I don't know if you want to maybe make a note in your OP or whatever but the noob-zone is pining for the fjords, is an ex-zone, etc.

In addition to the web version of my super-duper in-depth Elite: Dangerous beginners guide, there's now a PDF version also available for download. Many thanks to CMDR Aurelius Borealis for creating and hosting the PDF version.

Also, the awesome Commander Chanurr has translated my entire Elite: Dangerous beginner’s guide into Spanish. So, if you’re a Spanish speaker, then be sure to download the PDF.

o7

o7

Received this regarding PDF download

Attachments

• ED PDF.png
    ED PDF.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 63
Same here - any chance of a working link please anybody - returning player, so this would be very useful! Thanks
I used the link to the web version of the guide which works and then used the link there to the pdf version which gave a 404 site not found error.

The web version blurb said the pdf was created and hosted by a third party so it looks like the third parties site has gone.

Top Bottom