News Elite: Dangerous Alpha Phase 2.0 Released (Video)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Hi everyone,

the latest phase in the Elite: Dangerous alpha process has been released, to accompany this we have posted a video with David and Michael going over some of the features for this new build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDWnBJYTFgs

The build itself contains the following key features:

Free-for-all melee
Pick your side in a two-team melee
Co-operative defense of a crippled Federal battlecruiser
A more sophisticated ‘Pirates and Bounty Hunters’ mode which hints at the fluid choices and roles players will experience on a much greater scale in the final game
Credits can be earned in each scenario and used to purchase new ship loadouts.

As with the previous phase your feedback is important to us, please make sure to report any issues through the link provided in the launcher and for more experiantial feedback please join in the discussion in the Alpha section of our forums:

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=29

As mentioned in the latest newsletter there will be two more phases after this one is finished before we move into the Premium Beta stage (this is the first beta phase in the Kickstarter rewards).

The Alpha program can be joined now via the Elite: Dangerous online store at http://elite.frontier.co.uk

Until next time Commanders...

Last edited:
You lucky Alpha players you. Enjoy, and help get the product nicely fettled for the Beta :)

Heh - kudos to FD for sneakily releasing it last night. Bet quite a few missed it. :D

Can't wait for Beta, it looks loads of fun in Alpha!

This is not helping. I have an additional hurdle apart from stumping up for the upgrade, I would have to install a windows partition, in fact I would have to buy a copy of windows.

Perhaps I should take a break from the forums for a bit. Looks like far too much fun.

Hey thanks for the video update. I can confirm that the game is tremendous fun to play. Hope to kill, I mean see more people in Alpha towards the weekend. :D

I find it sort of surreal that we are getting closer with each day to a finished game. Beta coming soon. Have to say I'm glad I am playing in the Alpha - I'd be breaking down someone's door to have a go if I wasn't.

Michael sounds tired...
I'm not surprised, constant earache will do that to you...

C1G8cka.jpg

You lucky Alpha players you. Enjoy, and help get the product nicely fettled for the Beta :)

I just wonder how long I'll be using the excuse "Of course you're a better pilot than me. You had all that practise I missed during the Alpha" ;)

This is a wonderful job.

i saw many videos already,
everything is amazing and the waiting for me to joining the party is now very painful, hehe.
(probably i will join later on the beta)

I repeat: wonderful job until now and i suppose it's only the beginning... :)

Last edited:
I just wonder how long I'll be using the excuse "Of course you're a better pilot than me. You had all that practise I missed during the Alpha" ;)

I think it would be only sport for a 'top tips' page from Alpha players on sharing what they have learned tactically. Will promise to go easy on them in return... ;)

I think it would be only sport for a 'top tips' page from Alpha players on sharing what they have learned tactically. Will promise to go easy on them in return... ;)

My top tip for when the game comes out is to be friendly to a drednaught and make your way to the cargo bay in the "alley way" so you are inside the ships shields and the other ships can only attack you from one direction, now you can blast away with all of your weapons as the drednaught cant get to you and its ships are sitting ducks having to attack one at a time !

My top tip for when the game comes out is to be friendly to a drednaught and make your way to the cargo bay in the "alley way" so you are inside the ships shields and the other ships can only attack you from one direction, now you can blast away with all of your weapons as the drednaught cant get to you and its ships are sitting ducks having to attack one at a time !

Any ship that allows non-residential, but "friendlies" into it's bay/holds is bound to have internal weaponry. You'd be the sitting duck, I'm afraid and if they don't have then they deserve your treachery.

Are there any youtube clips that have started 'top tips' tutorials yet?

This actually worked XRebirth lol. The problem was getting out quick though before the capital ship blows up and damages you though.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom