Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous - Beta 5 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A bit late to the party on this one but I just wanted to say thank you to whichever developer fixed the problem with head tracking and the floating focus-stealing mouse cursor. Being able to navigate the new station menus using KB/HOTAS without having to crane my neck to squint at an inactive part of the UI feels soooo good.

- Added controller preset for Thrustmaster HOTAS 4

Nice, as it was getting tiring manually setting all the options for this! Thanks!

- Provide a graphics option to adjust UI scale in VR with a maximum and default of 0.7 for Vive and 1.0 for Oculus

Seems an elegant solution to the problem, can't wait to test this!

Cant upgrade to BETA 5. Read Stream failed ! Networkconnection closed

Try going to the options tab and selecting alternative download method
then upgrading it again.

Although I got a popup window just as the download was ending saying
failed response from server
failed response from server

So I quit the desktop launcher, then ran the launcher again, unchecked the alternative download.
The Upgrade Box for engineers beta was replaced by PLAY. It had upgraded.

As you Brits sometimes say: bloody nora!
Someone is wielding a whip over there or are you all so motivated to fix things? Or maybe both.

The list of changes is downright impressive. Looking forward to the finished product, so keep up ther good work!

Where? No thread posted for it.
lol.

At least we here in the antipodes had the bulk of 'prime time' to play before this update hit.
The timing is probably incidental, but thanks anyway, FD! - Usually updates are scheduled smack bang on 'prime time' AEST

Oh, last msg from server tonight "servers coming down in 3 mins. Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"
- Maybe we have to start supplying actual components for upgrades again?

Ships

- Art fixes for Federal Gunship
- Asp Green Apollo paintjob fixed
- Fixed rotated headlight bones and incorrect chair on the clipper
- Fix broken asp and asp scout warning lights
- Main lights on Viper not orientated correctly - Fixed
- Federal Assault Ship shadow is projected incorrectly

See! They can fix things on the ships! Now if they'd only fix the lighting that they put in on purpose, but is terrible, distracting and way too bright! Like the under wrist lights that shine on the throttle/flight stick area (why so bright! just, why?) and the A pillar lights in the Asp (again, why?, show me any vehicle that has interior, A pillar lights, that are always on!)

Please don't let artistic hubris stand in the way of pleasant game play!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom