News Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Beta Announcement

Fyi

"13) I WANT TO TEST ALL THE THINGS AND REQUIRE CASH. Can I get extra credits on my account?
If you're playing the BETA, own the Horizons Season Pass and wish to test the majority of the new features, you can now DELETE YOUR BETA COMMANDER DATA and restart with 100,000,000 credits! Choose quick start IN THE BETA to do this. Remember, this is only in the beta... we cannot stress this enough!"

Nothing carries over to your live account.

Do not clear your live game save.

Last edited:
Anybody running the beta through Steam in VR mode? I can't seem to figure out how to start it in VR. It keeps coming up in 2D, even if I start SteamVR before launching the game. There's a "Launch Elite Dangerous in Steam VR Mode" option, but that launches the standard client, not the beta. Usually, when starting the client in VR mode, I launch it from within Vive Home, but that takes me right into the game without using the launcher that allows selecting the beta.

Hello Cmdrs,

I would like to know how can I download the Beta ?

I'm searching on my account, nothing.
Nothing on the launcher.

Thx for help

PS : I'm a PC player

On the bottom left of your launcher, scroll down and you should see it.
It should say INSTALL if you don't have it ok.

Fly safe and GET TO DA BETA!

kind if a workaround - have it launch the standard version, exit and then launch the beta manually...it worked for me that way with the VIVE...

Anybody running the beta through Steam in VR mode? I can't seem to figure out how to start it in VR. It keeps coming up in 2D, even if I start SteamVR before launching the game. There's a "Launch Elite Dangerous in Steam VR Mode" option, but that launches the standard client, not the beta. Usually, when starting the client in VR mode, I launch it from within Vive Home, but that takes me right into the game without using the launcher that allows selecting the beta.

kind if a workaround - have it launch the standard version, exit and then launch the beta manually...it worked for me that way with the VIVE...

:::sorry for the double post...:::

Top Bottom