Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 16th August 2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

As we move through August, we'd like to give a big thank you for all your feedback that you continue to provide as we work towards Update 7! Whilst Update 7 is still a few weeks away, there are still things to look forward to in the world of Elite:

GGQ2lwi.png

Tuesday
High-G Summer Slamdown Stream:
We've been inspired by the ongoing SWS High-G Summer Slamdown event! After sharing the best bits from the community and this week's Stellar Screenshots, we're going to try our luck landing on at least one high gravity planet!

Wednesday
Stellar Screenshots:
Your photography continues to amaze us on a daily basis! If you'd like to feature in the upcoming set of Stellar Screenshots, make sure you enter by Wednesday!

Elite Club: We're back with another class of entrants into the illustrious Elite Club! Recently made Elite? Make sure to tweet using the hashtag #EDEliteClub for a chance to be featured!

Thursday
Horizons CQC Night:
Undefeated champions of Capture The Flag, Zac & Bruce, return for another night of CQC - will you take the crown from them?

Friday
Commander Creations:
Share your creations with the galaxy! Use the hashtag #CommanderCreations and we may just feature your work on Friday's Commander Creations thread!

I'll see you in the week Commanders,

o7

Greetings Commanders!

As we move through August, we'd like to give a big thank you for all your feedback that you continue to provide as we work towards Update 7! Whilst Update 7 is still a few weeks away, there are still things to look forward to in the world of Elite:

Speaking of update 7, is there any chance that the UI still gets some upgrades? The issue tracker doesn't give enough room to actually describe the problem, so i wonder of this already got somebodys attention:

Forum being upgraded 19th August. Odyssey released on 19th May, exactly 3 months ago ... it must mean something 🤔

:)

Forum being upgraded 19th August. Odyssey released on 19th May, exactly 3 months ago ... it must mean something 🤔

:)
I wonder if the forum maintenance will include a lot of negative posts going missing.

@Bruce G Any chance that either of the streams will have anything to do with consoles, currently would be happy if you just said the word once somewhere in the stream 😜. Seriously though could do with something being console related at some point even if its not content, features, news, updates or fixes to lure us out of the shadows. Edo is evidently gonna take a lot of time and work to sort and I'm presuming you'll want the remaining console base at that time to purchase it.

Right I know my place, back to my cave to lurk in the shadows and await..........

@Bruce G Any chance that either of the streams will have anything to do with consoles, currently would be happy if you just said the word once somewhere in the stream 😜. Seriously though could do with something being console related at some point even if its not content, features, news, updates or fixes to lure us out of the shadows. Edo is evidently gonna take a lot of time and work to sort and I'm presuming you'll want the remaining console base at that time to purchase it.

Right I know my place, back to my cave to lurk in the shadows and await..........
I didn’t think that we get a answer, sadly, perhaps a generic answer like, we haven’t forget you. But nothing special. So let go back to our dark cave, without any light at the end

I’ve my answer not official but I have it. From the point of an console player, at the issue table, Fdev mentioned that, the performance issues will get a deep look at the end of the year, from my point, no news for the consoles till this point is reached. And then there was an forum post from sally which sound like this, give me enough to know that elite on the consoles for the moment is something between dead and still breathing.
threads and such. I have absolutely nothing until official update news is available I'm afraid (which isn't so "shortly" now, but we'll keep on it!).
This all means, for me that Elite on the consoles wouldn’t get any special treatments until EDO feels right? Don’t get me wrong, and this no harrasement only honest words. It’s feels pretty bad. I know that Fdev working hard to get things right at the moment. But there are some players on our site who would lovely see some glimpse of hopes for the consoles.

so let get my stuff together, and make things clear for us.
EDO didn’t will arrive to the consoles in this year.! At the moment there is nobody works on the console version of this. The well known issues at the consoles will be in the game Till the Moment, EDO running well.

this unofficial but clear answer for us is a little bit underwhelming. But from the point of an company understandable.

but for me as an customer is hard to stick with this. Sadly there is nothing to do, but only hope that EDO is on the agenda for the consoles, and that there aren’t any bad news on this.

Here some thought, what can compensate this:

EDO will get a full port on ps5 and the Xbox series x.
Some long term problems should checked specific on the consoles.
And hopefully, soon a well known clear information about the plans for the consoles.

i repeat, this is no harassment, just only a brief and honest look about the current situation for us as consoles players.

but there is a little bit of anger for the right reason. In hope that you understand this. By the way, this anger isn’t about the CMs all of you make a Great job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom