Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 20 September 2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

With Update 7 on the horizon, let's see what the week has in store for us with today's Community Schedule:

oYYa6pB.png

Tuesday
Supercruise News #47:
Join us for all the latest news from the world of Elite Dangerous, and the highlights from the community!

Wednesday
Stellar Screenshots:
Another week of brilliant screenshots await! The latest winners will be revealed on Wednesday.

Odyssey Update 7: We'll be releasing Odyssey Update 7 on Wednesday, so stay tuned for further information in the coming days!

Horizons Update: Horizons players on all platforms will be receiving a Quality of Life patch at the same time as the Update 7 rollout, including a number of fixes that have been implemented in the previous Odyssey updates.

Thursday
Update 7 Conflict Zone Stream:
It's time to head down to an on-foot Conflict Zone to check out the changes that came with Update 7, including AA turrets!

Community Goal & Competition: There will be a brand new Community Goal to look forward to on Thursday, alongside a competition for those taking part - keep your eyes on the forum for more details on that soon!

Friday
Commander Creations:
There's no better way to celebrate the weekend than with a selection of wonderful Commander Creations!

ED Elite Club: A new wave of Commanders will be entering the #EDEliteClub this Friday!

Have a fantastic week Commanders,

o7

Horizons Update: Horizons players on all platforms will be receiving a Quality of Life patch at the same time as the Update 7 rollout, including a number of fixes that have been implemented in the previous Odyssey updates.

Ah. That part is interesting. Perhaps it might also help to restore some of my motivation, after all. :)

Odyssey Update 7: We'll be releasing Odyssey Update 7 on Wednesday, so stay tuned for further information in the coming days!

Awesome.

However, get the snakes ready and prepare for
ConnectivityIssues.jpg

(it's my version of break a leg)

And there we are again, no news about the consoles, oh wait hey a Update for hrzn? Cool, let’s wait half a year again, to get something for the consoles. Next step? EDO? Confirmation that is still scheduled for consoles? No? Then nothing interesting beside the little update for HRZN.

will get back into my cage

Will this horizons patch contain the newest attempt at fixing the heart bug?

And there we are again, no news about the consoles, oh wait hey am Update for hrzn? Cool, let’s wait half a year again, to get something for the consoles. Next step? EDO? Confirmation that is still scheduled for consoles? No? Then nothing interesting bedside the little update for HRZN.

and again the answer is always the same: if they don't know when they'll manage to make it work properly on pc, they can't have the faintest idea of when (and if) they could make it work on consoles.

And there we are again, no news about the consoles, oh wait hey a Update for hrzn? Cool, let’s wait half a year again, to get something for the consoles. Next step? EDO? Confirmation that is still scheduled for consoles? No? Then nothing interesting beside the little update for HRZN.

They have literally, several times, said that console development is on hold until Odyssey is in a solid state. There are performance fixes scheduled for this update and Update 8, which we don't have a release date for. Knowing that there's at least one more update for performance fixes to come (likely more) before the game is in a state they find satisfactory, what kind of update are you looking for? It's on hold and you'll know when it isn't.

I hope this update will finally fix the massive performance problems VR players have to deal with. It's unplayable when flying in or around stations
Isn't that update 8, for proper performance improvements...

Interestingly, I have no issues flying in or around stations in VR, maybe the Oculus ASW takes care of any inconsistencies?

Another update, they already have me up to the top of the crown, again you have to reprogram the hotas keys in Horizont, because they do not solve the one that every time they make an update, they erase the programming of the controls.

Top Bottom