Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 22 November 2021

Ah. Messy, windowless basement office full of weeb clutter, right. Got that from this documentary called The IT Crowd.
You really should not base your education on TV sitcoms. The IT crowd is based on a fictional IT support team, not on software developers working on state of the art systems from a swanky office overlooking lush fields. The clutter here is restricted to a couple of Star Trek TNG bobble heads that double up as paper weights. oh and the occasional award certificate.

How does your work environment shape up?

Deleted member 182079

D
You really should not base your education on TV sitcoms. The IT crowd is based on a fictional IT support team, not on software developers working on state of the art systems from a swanky office overlooking lush fields. The clutter here is restricted to a couple of Star Trek TNG bobble heads that double up as paper weights. oh and the occasional award certificate.
I read this with the voice of Simon from The Office. Very good.
How does your work environment shape up?
WFH since 2014, with occasional visits to office sites across Europe/US depending on the project I'm working on. Less so since Covid started, and I can't say I miss it; there's no glam left in business travel thanks to the flight & hotel industry's race to cheaper fares. So, my gaming desk is also my workplace. No award certs though, but that's covered in my rate already.

I would rather call this a collection of quite possible speculations. "Facts" are something completely different.
Fair enough. Likely more rooted in reality however than, "Clearly this is proof that Frontier don't care about console owners" (which is often mentioned in the same breath as "they only care about money")

Fair enough. Likely more rooted in reality however than, "Clearly this is proof that Frontier don't care about console owners" (which is often mentioned in the same breath as "they only care about money")
I would not take it personally. It is not a vindictive assault on console owners. Merely a fact of life where something has to give and you cannot please all the people all the time. It could be next time that consoles get a feature before PCs. You never know.

I was only basing my comments on past experience. I don't have access to the facts (The same as everyone else) so I have to make an educated guess based on my own experiences. Most companies do not hate their customers. They provide the money that pays the wages. They may get frustrated with them, particularly if they feel that they should be the only ones that matter. Life is not a bed of roses. There are ups and down. How you deal with both the ups and downs reflects on your general wellbeing. Constant complainers are never satisfied and live in constant misery feeling that the world is against them. Optimists are constantly looking forward to the next good thing. Me personally, I'm looking forward to my lottery win next week :)

Top Bottom