Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 7 June 2021

Being the biggest shareholder and CEO doesn't mean you can just do whatever you want. It's still a publicly traded company with other shareholders and they will have a say in what goes and what doesn't. David only has 32.8% of the shares, which means that other parties own the other 67.2%.

It does quite literally mean you are responsible. Come on, let's stop with the tires old 'aging cult dev can't do wrong" nonsense. Braben is 100% responsible for the state of EDO, as is Roberts for SC. Now there are issues with ED it doesn't suddenly make Braben any less responsible.

The problem is them not say what they have planned for updates, instead saying "many improvements and fixes". For all we know they will only be very minot imp/fixes that only effects the 1%. We deserve to know what bugs they are going to focus on first and how they are going to improve
And again we gonna have a claim that development and social part of the game are two different instances, but behold!! On Thursday we have the update and that's on the same page as the other social things...

The problem is them not say what they have planned for updates, instead saying "many improvements and fixes". For all we know they will only be very minot imp/fixes that only effects the 1%. We deserve to know what bugs they are going to focus on first and how they are going to improve
Maybe they don't know yet themselves...

EDIT No, that's niaive.

It does quite literally mean you are responsible. Come on, let's stop with the tires old 'aging cult dev can't do wrong" nonsense. Braben is 100% responsible for the state of EDO, as is Roberts for SC. Now there are issues with ED it doesn't suddenly make Braben any less responsible.

I didn't say he isn't responsible, I said that he doesn't have full control over FDEV anymore! In other words, if the other investors say "you can't delay the release of Odyssey to the next fiscal year, as we already allowed you to postpone the release due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and we want to get some of our investment back now", David has very little he can do about that. He is a minority shareholder. The CEO is subject to the Board Of Directors, which has three FDEV employees on it (David, Jonny Watts and Alex Bevis) and four people from outside companies (amongst whom someone from Tencent).

So while he is fully responsible, he isn't in full control of the management side of things. So if the CEO decides to do something that the board doesn't agree with, it's the CEO who loses out.

I didn't say he isn't responsible, I said that he doesn't have full control over FDEV anymore! In other words, if the other investors say "you can't delay the release of Odyssey to the next fiscal year, as we already allowed you to postpone the release due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and we want to get some of our investment back now", David has very little he can do about that. He is a minority shareholder. The CEO is subject to the Board Of Directors, which has three FDEV employees on it (David, Jonny Watts and Alex Bevis) and four people from outside companies (amongst whom someone from Tencent).

So while he is fully responsible, he isn't in full control of the management side of things. So if the CEO decides to do something that the board doesn't agree with, it's the CEO who loses out.
Then that board of directors ought to step down. Typical of the leadership "class" - out of touch with everything except how to line their own pockets.

Never happen, of course, but one can dream.

I can bet you €10 Braben did not tell the board "this is a broken product, we will be burned at the stake if we release it in this condition. ", with the board responding "Haha, we are evil corporate people who dont care!".

That was an amazing stream, so many questions have been answered. Thank you so much.

HastyLeftHalibut-size_restricted.gif

Lots of stuff said in Supercruise News. A lot of it sounding very much like they are doing their best to resolve this mess.

Of course no admission that it is a mess. Still skirting the issue and suggesting it's all a big shock that's it's so poor in so many ways.

And to top it off NO SHIP INTERIORS :cry: Instead they will continue tweak their steaming pile of FPS into something playable. Oh the time they have already wasted and are going to waste 😭

I have plenty of respect for Art and Zac for trying so hard to answer questions they can and for trying to be "open and honest". But it's clear their hands are tied and they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Change has to happen at the top or no amount of faux community banter will right this wrong.

Exactly. If he owned 50% or more of Fdev, then yes he could ignore shareholders. But he doesn't own 50% or more. he owns what, 38%? He co-owns it with those three other FDev staff, whose share percentages I don't know. The remaining shares are all held by investors.

And because no one person owns 50% or more, then yes; it means they are somewhat obligated to meet certain expectations of shareholders and Board members.

Whether Braben does so gladly while knowing the game was busted at launch, no one can say.

Exactly. If he owned 50% or more of Fdev, then yes he could ignore shareholders. But he doesn't own 50% or more. he owns what, 38%? He co-owns it with those three other FDev staff, whose share percentages I don't know. The remaining shares are all held by investors.

And because no one person owns 50% or more, then yes; it means they are somewhat obligated to meet certain expectations of shareholders and Board members.

Whether Braben does so gladly while knowing the game was busted at launch, no one can say.
I believe David Braben owns the majority (51%) in the share of the shares.

He always said that Frontier would remain the only final decision maker.

However, it must certainly take into account the opinions of shareholders, that's for sure.

😷

Top Bottom