ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous Community Team AMA

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Would it really have hurt to have said "Yes, Raxxla is in game and reachable".
David Braben and Michael Brookes have said all that Frontier is going to say about Raxxla. The CMs are not going to go off message, whether to confirm or deny it's existence on a forum-based AMA (my opinion is that it does not exist and was a string along that has morphed out of control).

I admit asking about Powerplay was silly.
I thought the response re Powerplay was the best to be hoped for. Yes, it sucks if you're heavily invested in it but maybe the stats show that beyond a small core, people don't use it for anything other than getting more shinies for their ships. If anything, Sandro should not have come out with his proposals without better commitment from the purse holders to fund the changes.

I like the idea in principle, but if they can't say anything meaningful, then i'd argue it does cause harm. At best, it was a big fat nothingburger.
Sigh, this forum used to complain (and still does) when the CM team do not engage with them. The CM team engage with them and the forum complains? Come on, give them a break from the complaints occasionally.

Perhaps they should try focused Q&As on topics they know they can give answers to.
I do partially agree, this way though it still leaves an open window for off topic questions and gives them an idea what sort of questions to be prepared for on the next ama.
Also I think that's arguing semantics a bit. I do understand where you're coming from, but I can also understand their limitations on answers as well as compare it to other game devs and their treatment of the community. Judging by all that and considering it's the 1st ama, I thought it went alright.

Btw my question wasn't answered and "will pass it along" would have satisfied me, even if there's a slight chance that someone on the dev team hears the idea.

I thought the response re Powerplay was the best to be hoped for. Yes, it sucks if you're heavily invested in it but maybe the stats show that beyond a small core, people don't use it for anything other than getting more shinies for their ships. If anything, Sandro should not have come out with his proposals without better commitment from the purse holders to fund the changes.

The only reason PP was not updated was down to bad timing really. It was internally scheduled for changes but got caught in the maelstrom of what I guess was a reorganisation of the project (bearing in mind it was part of the mining, exploration and squadron carrier updates which themselves were problematic). The 'new guard' had other priorities, and hence here we are again.

And to be honest, I don't accept it as a good answer- its not Arthurs fault in the slightest, but FDs collective failure to support what it releases and maintain it in a timely fashion. PP did have problems, but at the same time small changes would have helped rather than simply abandon it. The changes Sandro suggested are tiny - content wise they are about a quarter of the smallest update FD has done so far being formula changes and UI tweaks.

David Braben and Michael Brookes have said all that Frontier is going to say about Raxxla. The CMs are not going to go off message, whether to confirm or deny it's existence on a forum-based AMA (my opinion is that it does not exist and was a string along that has morphed out of control).

I just used the Raxxla question as an example, but they were all like that, no new info. Ok, switch out Raxxla for any of the other questions. Or do you have excuses for why they didn't actually give any answers that told us something new? If they can be excused from not really answering all the questions, then again, why do an AMA at all then?

Sigh, this forum used to complain (and still does) when the CM team do not engage with them. The CM team engage with them and the forum complains? Come on, give them a break from the complaints occasionally.

The forum isn't a hive mind. However, there are different ways to interact, and while i think this AMA was well intentioned, i think the result shows that its not going to work like this. Or should they keep doing it only to keep giving the same answers over and over again? I think that would be harmful in the long run.

More interaction great, but if they can't say anything new, then a Q&A without the As is not the way to go.

I do partially agree, this way though it still leaves an open window for off topic questions and gives them an idea what sort of questions to be prepared for on the next ama.
Also I think that's arguing semantics a bit. I do understand where you're coming from, but I can also understand their limitations on answers as well as compare it to other game devs and their treatment of the community. Judging by all that and considering it's the 1st ama, I thought it went alright.

Btw my question wasn't answered and "will pass it along" would have satisfied me, even if there's a slight chance that someone on the dev team hears the idea.

The pass it along answers would be ok if there is a liklihood that they will then get back to the community with a response at a later date. My gut feeling is that most of those "pass it along" answers will never see a response.

Maybe we can see how the next AMA goes (if they do another one), but if its more of the same, it won't be a good show.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom