Elite Dangerous: Cyber Monday 2021 Event is LIVE

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's getting to be that time of year again, FDev...
Subtle :)

I just hope that the issue with shop filtering has been fixed...

Sigh
Mega helpful...looks like one of those really..."icky" ones where it's working for some and not others (myself included).
We'll take a look with all of this lovely breakdown and confirming. Thanks!

<Background sounds of hammering and sawing.../>

Hi @sallymorganmoore,
The problem looks like the store is not redirecting to the filter once it is chosen.
If however you take a look at the backend you can see that it should be pointing to the values on the right...

1668360957626.png

Which means you can work around it with direct URLS such as

Adder
Alliance Challenger
Alliance Chieftain
Alliance Crusader
Anaconda
Asp Explorer
Asp Scout
Beluga Liner
Cobra Mk III
Cobra Mk IV
Diamondback Explorer
Diamondback Scout
Dolphin
Eagle
Federal Assault Ship
Federal Corvette
Federal Dropship
Federal Fighter
Federal Gunship
Fer-de-Lance
Hauler
Imperial Clipper
Imperial Courier
Imperial Cutter
Imperial Eagle
Imperial Fighter
Keelback
Krait Mk II
Krait Phantom
Mamba
Orca
Python
SRV
Scorpion
Sidewinder
Taipan
Type-10
Type-6
Type-7
Type-9
Viper Mk III
Viper Mk IV
Vulture

Please pass on. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 1668360351837.png
    1668360351837.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Subtle :)

I just hope that the issue with shop filtering has been fixed...

Sigh

<Background sounds of hammering and sawing.../>

Hi @sallymorganmoore,
The problem looks like the store is not redirecting to the filter once it is chosen.
If however you take a look at the backend you can see that it should be pointing to the values on the right...

View attachment 332294

Which means you can work around it with direct URLS such as

Adder
Alliance Challenger
Alliance Chieftain
Alliance Crusader
Anaconda
Asp Explorer
Asp Scout
Beluga Liner
Cobra Mk III
Cobra Mk IV
Diamondback Explorer
Diamondback Scout
Dolphin
Eagle
Federal Assault Ship
Federal Corvette
Federal Dropship
Federal Fighter
Federal Gunship
Fer-de-Lance
Hauler
Imperial Clipper
Imperial Courier
Imperial Cutter
Imperial Eagle
Imperial Fighter
Keelback
Krait Mk II
Krait Phantom
Mamba
Orca
Python
SRV
Scorpion
Sidewinder
Taipan
Type-10
Type-6
Type-7
Type-9
Viper Mk III
Viper Mk IV
Vulture

Please pass on. Hope this helps

Thank you so much for including the work-around links! That was driving me nuts trying to look at previews the other week.

edit: Unfortunately doesn't help for trying to view individual paintjobs, but it's a step closer.

Second edit: Manually adding "&ship_model=xxx" to various links, such as the ship kits, does allow for further navigation of the webpage.

Last edited:
@sallymorganmoore
I think I stumbled upon the cause of the issue, after talking with some folks in the PTN discord. I tried clearing all my cookies for elitedangerous.com, then refreshed the page and clicked 'select all', and now the page refreshes to apply filters like it should. Removing the cookie again, breaks the page again.

I then tried different combinations of cookie preferences, and it appears to be one of the "Statistics" cookies that has to be enabled for the site to function.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to fix the broken vimeo video preview.

Last edited:
@sallymorganmoore
I think I stumbled upon the cause of the issue, after talking with some folks in the PTN discord. I tried clearing all my cookies for elitedangerous.com, then refreshed the page and clicked 'select all', and now the page refreshes to apply filters like it should. Removing the cookie again, breaks the page again.

I then tried different combinations of cookie preferences, and it appears to be one of the "Statistics" cookies that has to be enabled for the site to function.
Makes sense. I decline all cookies.

Same; usually all such cookies (including ones described as 'statistics') are safe to decline without breaking site functionality.
The videos are hosted on Vimeo, so it's likely because Vimeo may use cookies in a way that would be counter to your choice in Frontier's cookie dialog. The same thing happens on the forum with any embedded third-party sites, such as YouTube.

The videos are hosted on Vimeo, so it's likely because Vimeo may use cookies in a way that would be counter to your choice in Frontier's cookie dialog. The same thing happens on the forum with any embedded third-party sites, such as YouTube.

Well, it remained broken even when accepting all cookies from the Frontier page, so I'm not sure what else I can try.

Well, it remained broken even when accepting all cookies from the Frontier page, so I'm not sure what else I can try.
Was it on dlc.elitedangerous.com? Frontier's cookie settings don't carry over across (sub)domains. And annoyingly I think the only way to summon the dialog again is to clear your cookies for that subdomain...

Was it on dlc.elitedangerous.com? Frontier's cookie settings don't carry over across (sub)domains. And annoyingly I think the only way to summon the dialog again is to clear your cookies for that subdomain...

Yeah, I cleared all cookies for elitedangerous.com each time. I didn't get any cookie prompts for vimeo before when trying to visit the video link directly after finding it in the Inspect Page view, but maybe I can try checking for vimeo cookies and try again....

followup edit: I have no cookies for vimeo.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom