ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous Free on the Epic Games Store!

So basically you have make another Frontier account to link the Epic store version of Elite if you want a second cmdr?

Epic + Steam + Frontier account = same cmdr, but on Epic or Steam
Steam + Frontier account = cmdr1
Epic + 2nd Frontier account = cmdr2

I wonder if Steam will price match? That would make life easier for me. I wouldn't have to create ANOTHER user name or password to keep track of.

Greetings Commanders!

Elite Dangerous is coming to the Epic Games Store next week! It will be available for free from 19 Nov to 26 Nov. We hope you’ll consider sharing this news with potential future commanders you know so you can blaze your trails together!

Thanks for your support,

o7
Thanks for the early warning, Bruce.
This is great news and I'll definitely be taking advantage of a second account mainly to enjoy the new player experience that has been added since I started.

I know its been mentioned many times but please consider adding another cmdr slot to existing players. The nett result will be the same number of purchased accounts but it would be so much more user friendly.

That's two yesses then, thank you for clearing that up, 'twas a bit confusing.

I’m still confused. I’ll need the answer to take one or all of the following forms for perfection of clarity.

An invitation for the Duchess from the Queen, to play croquet.

An invitation from the Queen for the Duchess, to play croquet.

An invitation to play croquet, from the Queen for the Duchess.

For the Duchess, an invitation from the Queen to play croquet.

For the Duchess from the Queen, an invitation to play croquet.

For the Duchess, an invitation to play croquet from the Queen.

From the Queen, an invitation for the Duchess to play croquet.

From the Queen, an invitation to play croquet for the Duchess.

From the Queen for the Duchess, an invitation to play croquet.

So, just for PC. Are the consoles being left out?
Contrary to the comments above, console owners aren't being left out - they can still sign up with epic and get the game for free they just can't play it on their consoles.

The was a discussion somewhere (reddit i think) where people were discussing how E : D runs on pretty low spec hardware so consolers might have a work pc, mum's laptop, mac emulating windows or a pregnancy test to give it a free try on.

This is great news and I'll definitely be taking advantage of a second account mainly to enjoy the new player experience that has been added since I started.

You might know this already, but just in case you've missed it, you can do the new commander intro mission at any time from the training menu on the right hand panel, however long you've been playing for. It doesn't drop you off in the ring-fenced systems afterwards, but it lets you experience the training at least.

You might know this already, but just in case you've missed it, you can do the new commander intro mission at any time from the training menu on the right hand panel, however long you've been playing for. It doesn't drop you off in the ring-fenced systems afterwards, but it lets you experience the training at least.
Thanks Cmdr Yates, I didn't know that. (y)

OK, I found Epic Game Laucher on my PC (forgot I've opened it for padawan using his Facebook ID lol).
In the store there's is ED, noted Coming Soon available Nov 19.
So guess that's the place to download and let it stay.

Question: Will there be a deadline to activate this free ED, or can I just leave the game downloaded for young one to install it and play on his PC when he decides to do make that step? (No I don't plan to use the second account from scratch, thank you.)

OK, I found Epic Game Laucher on my PC (forgot I've opened it for padawan using his Facebook ID lol).
In the store there's is ED, noted Coming Soon available Nov 19.
So guess that's the place to download and let it stay.

Question: Will there be a deadline to activate this free ED, or can I just leave the game downloaded for young one to install it and play on his PC when he decides to do make that step? (No I don't plan to use the second account from scratch, thank you.)
From the Epic Games Store FAQ...
Epic will be offering a new free game available each week throughout 2020. When you claim a free game, it’s yours to keep - even after the game is no longer available to new customers for free.

Hmmm so I just checked.... I have NOT linked my steam account or my frontier account to my Epic account BUT both accounts are registered to the same email address.

Will I be able to use this epic key to start a new frontier account or will it auto link to my frontier one?

I suppose I could maybe change my registered email with epic store but I would rather not and I don't think epic like people making dummy accounts

are there new cheats out or something to warrant getting excited about creating yet another account ? Cuz there's barely enough reason to login to 1 account, much less the second unless something not on the up and up is at play.

Quick google search seems to suggest that fdev is actually perm and temp banning people using the current elite dangerous trainer, so maybe that's what all the interest is about.

Top Bottom