Elite Dangerous: Halloween Event 2022

View attachment 328152

Greetings Commanders.

This Halloween is sending chills throughout the galaxy with an unsettling in-game story to be told...

A harrowing tragedy has befallen a number citizens in the bubble.
What happened to them?
Anyone who solves the puzzles and uncovers the truth will be rewarded with four unique cosmetics.

Will you dare to follow the breadcrumbs all the way down the trail...?

Stay tuned to GalNet, in-game or via our website for your first hint, coming this Thursday, 20th October.

[This event is open to Horizons 3.8, 4.0 and Odyssey Commanders]

Dear Sally I applaud the new event and have had an interesting time chasing the logs for the event, However the logs seem to overwrite each other in the codex. This has been a problem for quite some time now and for me dates back to the start of The Adamastor saga and the beginning of another Halloween event. Please on begging knees could we have the ability to once again save the logs for posterity within the codex. Thank you 07

Welp, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask it anyway:
If I missed this livestream, do I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it another day, or perhaps tomorrow during this other supposed livestream?

Eastern Time US here: I set reminders and alerts and was ready but real life and work always calls, so I was unable to log into the stream as I was outside with my team executing our work tasking. The shift to outside came a lot faster than expected so I was not at my desk basically all morning into the afternoon.

Fyi the trial beacons can be deciphered with the same beaufort cipher with the letter "Z" as the key.

That's what decodes them as it decoded the word on Galnet and gives what was mentioned above by DrinkyBird.

Edit : here comes the raw text

The Trial 1/3 (B 2 C)

Uli vevib sfnzm dsl vevi vcrhgvw
Gsviv rh z yllp lu wvvwh
Orhgrmt vevmgh ylgs rmhrtmrurxzmg zmw vhhvmgrzo
Drgsrm gsvhv xlfmgovhh kzhhztvh
Ziv nzmb wzip xszkgvih
Dv hszoo nvvg hrc rmwrerwfzoh
Dslhv hglirvh xlmgzrm z gdrhg
Z hvxivg gszg nfhg yv ivevzovw
Z xirnv gszg nfhg yv kfmrhsvw
Wvzgs'h prhh szh yvvm trugvw gl vzxs hrmmvi
Fklm gsrh kozmvg gsv girzo yvtrmh
Urev wllidzbh gl z mvd olxzgrlm hgllw sviv
Dsl droo vmgvi gsvn ?

The Trial 2/3 (B 3 B)

Fklm gsrh kozmvg gsv girzo xlmgrmfvw
Gvhgrnlmb dzh svziw
Kovzh dviv yzitzrmvw
Z ufoo xlmuvhhrlm dzh ivjfrivw
Gl zyhloev gsv hrmmvih lu gsvri hrm
Gsv qfwtv ivxltmrhvh gifv ivnlihv
Lmob gsv gdl nlhg slmvhg droo ovzev gsrh kozxv
Gl uzxv z urmzo eviwrxg
Z xszmxv zg ivwvnkgrlm

The Trial 3/3 (B 4 A)

Fklm gsrh kozmvg gsv girzo vmwh
Eviwrxg szev yvvm kzhhvw
Qfhgrxv uli zoo
Wrw blf uloold zoo lu gsv xlfig'h kilxvvwrmth ?
Droo blf wrhxlevi sld gsrh hglib vmwh ?
R dlmwvi dszg blfi yllp xlmgzrmh
Dszg nlnvmgh uroo blfi ivxliw
Dlfow blf yv xlmhrwvivw rmmlxvmg ?
Hlnvgsrmt gl pvvk rm nrmw
Uli mvcg grnv...

Using Atbash

The Trial 1/3:
For every human who ever existed
There is a book of deeds
Listing events both insignificant and essential
Within these countless passages
Are many dark chapters
We shall meet six individuals
Whose stories contain a twist
A secret that must be punished
Death's kiss has been gifted to each sinner
Upon this planet the trial begins
Five doorways to a new location stood here
Who will enter them?

The Trial 2/3:

Upon this planet the trial continued
Testimony was heard
Pleas were bargained
A full confession was required
To absolve the sinners of their sins
The judge recognizes true remorse
Only the two most honest will leave this place
To face a final verdict
A chance at redemption

The Trial 3/3

Upon this planet the trial ends
Verdicts have been passed
Justice for all
Did you follow all of the court's proceedings
Will you discover how this story ends?
I wonder what your book contains
What moments fill your record
Would you be considered innocent
Something to keep in mind

Welp, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask it anyway:
If I missed this livestream, do I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it another day, or perhaps tomorrow during this other supposed livestream?

Eastern Time US here: I set reminders and alerts and was ready but real life and work always calls, so I was unable to log into the stream as I was outside with my team executing our work tasking. The shift to outside came a lot faster than expected so I was not at my desk basically all morning into the afternoon.
The live stream is catch up recording enabled on twitch and youtube and can be watched any time after but Amazon/twitch make streamers sign Exclusive drop agreements that the drops are exclusive to live events... If your not live viewing you can't do drops even if you watch a repeat...
Youtube is going to put 4K behind a pay wall. twitch forces drops as Live only... they all have there marketing to get money...

Twitch still has not found a way to stop users just muting the stream and not watching adverts by hiding the window in the back ground yet so currently streamers get a higher view counter for streams but does not mean twitch actualy gets more money yet or that people are actually watching....

There might be someone out there doggedly launching pre-horizons Elite Dangerous. (I have it in my launcher still?)
Does it still connect though?

At least on Playstation, you can't play a game online if it's not running the latest patch - you can still start the game and do offline stuff, but can't connect to a server or online mode...

I suspect pre Horizons Elite on the PC is the same 🤔😯😀🤘 ...

Does it still connect though?

At least on Playstation, you can't play a game online if it's not running the latest patch - you can still start the game and do offline stuff, but can't connect to a server or online mode...

I suspect pre Horizons Elite on the PC is the same 🤔😯😀🤘 ...
It works. From the Launcher, you usually have access to 4 "versions" - pilot training, ED base game, ED:Horizons 3.8 and either ED:Horizons 4.0 or ED:Odyssey. Base game is a useful get-out if you're stuck in anything planetside related in EDH/EDO, as launching in the base game will reseat you in your ship in orbit.

Not specific to the Halloween event, but I can't claim my drops. Don't remember when it stopped working, but I can see all my drops in Twitch, including the spooky stuff from last night. But when I go to the claim page they are not there. Not received anything since the spring event 🐼

1666349322361.png
1666349455417.png

Not specific to the Halloween event, but I can't claim my drops. Don't remember when it stopped working, but I can see all my drops in Twitch, including the spooky stuff from last night. But when I go to the claim page they are not there. Not received anything since the spring event 🐼

View attachment 328428View attachment 328429

if your account if properly linked to twitch, you dont need to claim your drops on the FDev page, it's enough to claim them in Twitch
So if you claimed your drops in Twitch and you dont see them in game, you need to contact support to sort it out for you

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator

Drops are only available when Elite Dangerous is streaming so it's not available at today's JWE2 stream.

Is anyone else getting concerned about our CMs? Supposedly Zac is gone, Paul on undetermined vacation, Arf missing in action, and now Bruce and Sally brutally murdered?

If they're all gone to whom are we going to moan to about the game???

Top Bottom