Elite Dangerous: Horizons Hotfix | 11.01.2022 | For PC & Console Notes

Still no fix for the your total credits not showing the correct amount in the right hand HUD? How difficult can this be to fix? Why do i need to log out of the game for this to update yet all other places that have your total credits amount update just fine?

FLITHY MICK presented a theory, use old pre fleet carrier beta servers to pre roll out patches for consoles... At least when they fail u'd have a possibility for rollback.

It looks like insufficient testings occuring in-house.

Reports of crashes on multiple platforms annnd Jaques Station in Colonia has some sort of contrast/ gamma issue... Looks almost on fire, landing pad location indistinguishable.

Suggest hand picking testers for console pre patch roll outs... Its less acceptable to keep breaking the title after purchase.

hello Sally. not sure this is the right place, but we're pretty desperate at this point.
It looks like our player faction was given a BGS locked system. It's absolutely impossible for us to take it. Customer support... well, i wouldn't be here if they helped. Any chance for an intervention?

So I flew around in DBS for 4 hours scouting PP systems with no problem. Returned to my FC changed to my Cutter to fortify some systems and now any attempt to get into SC locks up and eventually fails to Orange Sidewinder. No sound just blue tunnel of failed hotpatch then could not connect to server orange sidewinder. Reboot to main menu, get in game, in normal space and try to jump to SC bang infinite loop - have to quit today - hopefully you @sallymorganmoore can get someone to hotpatch the hotpatch; Patreus PP depends on us finishing our defense plan tomorrow. o7
Tried H-Jump to another system, same result. Cannot get back to FC to change ship to see if that impacts scenario. Just totally cannot play this game today in a Cutter.
Playing on PC in EDHOdyssey compatibility Update (3.8.403), FID: b3h04qz
Tried to shut down, reboot to main menu - total fail with nothing but a black screen; going to cntrl alt delete shutdown.
Rebooted after c-alt deleting ED exe. Got in game in systems routed and was able to get into SC. Hopefully I can get back to Eotienses to got back to PP defensive operations.
Reboot of ED exe seems to have returned things to normal; able to jump again. Apparently did not like that I docked on my FC. Overall, great day in-game. Thanks for the continued effort o7

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders.

Hope you're having a really lovely Tuesday so far.
Hoping this will be a small sparkle of good news for Horizons players today - here to listen and chat as we go, time and duties allowing (thanks for your patience).

Elite Dangerous Horizons Commanders on both PC and Consoles (PS and Xbox) will today recieve a small Hotfix to deploy, in order to address a number of outstanding issues.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons servers for both PC and Console Commanders will NOT require extended server downtime, just a simple relog of the client to apply the hotfix.
The hotfix will be available at approximately 11:00am UTC

Updates of note:
  • Unable to edit fire groups.
  • Multi-Limpet Controller Module Mass is too high.
    • Following reports from Commanders, it was agreed that the mass of the multi-limpet controller module needed to be addressed and dropped quite significantly. This was fixed for Odyssey, however the fix remained outstanding for Horizons only players. This is now addressed across the board.
  • Clearer indication via UI when reward modules will/will not allow experimental effects.
    • It will now be clearer for Commanders to identify whether their newly acquired CG Reward Modules can be further modified, via the modifications UI panel.
  • The Class C Operations Multi Limpet Controller was incorrectly showing as Class F.
    • This has now been addressed for Horizons Commanders.

Known Issues:
I'm going to reuse my latest one here from the last catch-up thread again, plus a couple of additional notes and points collected since.
  • Credit Balance Not Updating On Ship System Panel When Performing Any Balance-Changing Action (Buying/Selling Commodities, Missions etc.) Until After Relog.
    • Checked internally for both Commodity Market changes and rewards from missions. Credit balances update only with a relog.
    • It was also mentioned to me (thanks Piglet) that:
      • "Fines are also not appearing until you do a relog to main menu. You can be wanted, have outstanding fines but when you go to the administrators office to pay them it says you have no fines. Issue only rectifies when you log out of the game and log back in."
      • I've passed the additional information along which will help further (potentially! I'll take it!) with the issue, as it sounds like it's got a high chance of being connected. Even if it's not, it'd obviously good to look into it.

The common heavy hitters/some fallout from Update 9 across Horizons AND Odyssey (as in, I've lumped a bunch together) which are always worthy of noting are listed, but not limited to, the below:
  • [Bumped] Issues with the XG9 Lance (targetting and ammo).
  • [Bumped] Tracking down further clarity on issues continuing to be reported around Thermal Conduit.
  • [Bumped] Tracking down further clarity on Anti-Aliasing issue progress.
  • [New] Thargoids fail to use any special attacks in Horizons after the second heart is destroyed (if you'd like to contribute further, it all helps: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/46871)
  • Investigations on reports of performance issues continue.
  • Continued reports of stability issues on console, particularly PS5 but also on Xbox.
  • Starting Frameshift makes the game freeze/lock.
  • Unable to access Session Logs.
  • Disconnect/suspended in Supercruise.
  • Hostile ships appear incorrectly (as non-hostile) on the radar.
  • Commanders are unable to use the Profile Analyser to clone the profile of NPC corpses.
  • Remaining issues with fire groups in Odyssey and Horizons:
    • For example: "Empty fire groups surrounded by populated fire groups do not automatically clear".
    • Remaining issues around fire groups continue to be logged and investigated internally (thank you for your reports and thoughts!).
  • Empty Facilities lists for Stations in the system map.
  • Inconsistency with Codex entries.
  • “Floating” Guardian Materials at Guardian Sites were sighted and logged.
  • The Scorpion turret remains to be inheriting textures/decals from the ground that dance/parallax across it. Texture movement is at its worst when the SRV itself is in motion.
  • Instances of the Odyssey On-foot tutorial being unable to be completed due to it not finishing.
    • Occasionally, when the player disembarks, the game will display ' Board the Dropship' even though Dylan leaves the port. The player can then go into the concourse of the social space, but nothing will work as it should as they're not supposed to be here.
  • [Noted] 10 mins prior to Fleet Carrier jump, the dialogue "Jump is Complete" plays.

Commanders, once again, there are more and just as important known issues reported (thank you as always), however I'm just chopping through them one 'managable chunk at a time' right now in these posts, so please do continue to understand that I can't respond to every missing issue from the known issue list, that you'd maybe expect to be there - we'll dive deeper into more issues along the weeks ahead (top 20 tracker and so on).

Have a wonderful day, please o7

o7
Hey @sallymorganmoore , hope all is well. I know you guys usually have a ton of reports to comb through, but if you have some spare time, could you please check these out for me and maybe escalate them? I only ask here because they have been stuck in confirming and from past experiences, when that happens, they inevitably time out. I have done everything I could to gain attention to this issue, including messaging the elite dangerous FB page, to which I've gotten no reply so far. Hardly anyone seems to be talking about it, and it's impossible to get the bug report people to respond. You're my last hope. This was not in the patch notes, and it negatively impacts gameplay. It's very easy to replicate as well. This change messed up a mechanic that has been the same since the game's inception. Thank you in advance, O7

Last edited:
@sallymorganmoore one of my Squadron plays on PS5 and he reports:
[09:07] Drift Kaiser: That hotfix from yesterday messed the planetary landing up
[09:07] Drift Kaiser: Now it says I need horizon to land on a planet
[09:08] ReallyBored (SO): log out fully then login?
[09:08] Drift Kaiser: I tried everything
[09:28] Drift Kaiser: Restore the licence from my PlayStation seems fixed it

[09:07] Drift Kaiser: That hotfix from yesterday messed the planetary landing up

o7 just headed to Alcor B 4 A which is a Horizons landable and it worked fine me on PS5...

Also checked landing on a settlement by heading to Pashin Settlement on Bo He 9 E and that worked fine too...

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
hello Sally. not sure this is the right place, but we're pretty desperate at this point.
It looks like our player faction was given a BGS locked system. It's absolutely impossible for us to take it. Customer support... well, i wouldn't be here if they helped. Any chance for an intervention?

Hey Nick!
When did you report this to Customer support? Do you have the Customer Support ticket ID I can chase please? Thanks!

Hi Sally, I saw the escalated XG9 Lance ammo bug being listed, but could you confirm/check that the same bug-listing is applied to the Javelin? Both SLFs are plagued by the same bug, so hopefully the future fix works on both but I just want to make sure the devs are aware of both being bugged, rather than focusing on just the Lance.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Hi Sally, I saw the escalated XG9 Lance ammo bug being listed, but could you confirm/check that the same fix is applied to the Javelin? Both SLFs are plagued by the same bug, so hopefully the fix works on both but I just want to make sure the devs are aware of both being bugged, rather than focusing on just the Lance.

I'll make an extra note that the Javelin is checked too! No worries o7

Top Bottom