Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous: Horizons update 2.01.02

Hi all,

got a strange encounter 10 Minutes ago.
Was testing some new weapon loadouts and my shield and half of the armor got cut down under 3 seconds.

Could it be that the

NPCs
- Fix NPCs ending up with overpowered hybrid weapons

is still an issue ?
That would explain a lot the past 2 days.

edit : will bugreport it as well.

We feel your pain. It's still an issue, but not being recognized. Happened to me twice today. Dam NPC lasers, they either cut my shields and my power supply or thrusters before I could do much of anything in
the way of escape. Then it's usually off to the repair shop or the shipyard. Ya........loads of fun FD.

@ FD : When you need assistance from us to help you solving this, please let us know what you exactly need beside the normal Bug-reports.

Last edited:
I think I'll check back in with Elite Dangerous next year, if ever again. I can't enjoy it when the NPCs trash me at every turn.

Last edited:
Given that no one else has replied, 3 things:
- higher ranked npc's will have better non-engineered equipment vs low ranked
- high ranked npc's use their pips effectively. 4 pips vs no pips in shields = 2 - 2.5 times more shield
- impulse and heat attacks warnings aren't automatically engineered weapons, they're available using normal weapons eg. the power play heat beam
And I think a lot of us non-combat type players appreciate you posting this. It's pretty well-aligned with our experiences in 2.1.02+.

The problem is that all some of us are seeing (e.g., me, Component then Expert, 130M now 90M total worth since 2.1+, Python-flying user, dropped back to Vulture for insurance reasons) is constantly getting Dangerous/Deadly/Elite FDL/FGS/etc... type opponents. For those of us that mine and trade, not combat, would prefer to run (just cannot seem to any more), it's making the game unbearable and, in my case, I cannot complete any mission any more without dying.

I watched a lot of video, and other than adding mines for weapons, I had already been doing many things prior to 2.1+ to change over. It's more than just technique at this point. I'm usually a very humble player, call myself a noob, but it wasn't until I watched a lot of video that I realized I'm not doing anything wrong.

If it doesn't look right record and bug report it if possible, cheers
If I played more, I'd post more videos and file more bugs. Frontier needs to line-up the account to the instance and logs and see how the chance/RNG and other things work. Totally understand that. A number here have dropped hints on various things.

But I only game 10-20 hours/month. So I'm really not caring to play now. Will pick it up again in 6 months. Kudos to those who stick it out and provide the info.

Last edited:
Sup peeps, I have been mostly mining in my 500mil cutter just to relax. Since the latest update i have been doing combat for something different and have also found it far more challenging. In a good way though.

Going into hi res in my vulture there have been a few times I have had to high tail it out of there with no canopy but the feds usually keep things pretty easy. However, in res sites where the feds don't help, it is a bit more tricky. Found it impossible in a fully souped up clipper. The vulture not so bad until an elite anaconda or python comes along and I can't get out from in front of them, then I run at max speed and struggle to get away, seems they have upgraded thrusters to match my boost speed. Guess that would be expected? If they are a rich npc?

I have come across some interesting red beam lasers, not sure if they are the standard heat beams or engineer ones, but there have been some pretty devastating weapon combos out there. So much so I get hosed in seconds. It's not a 'bug' decreasing my chance of survival, it's that I'm outmatched more often, as would be expected in the real world, cos I'm just an average guy.

It's certainly no walk in the park now and I kind of like it. Actually makes me think twice before going after a kill mission.

If someone just wants some easy kills they are still there, or just hang out with the feds, they are pretty helpful on the high ranked targets.

Honestly do not know what FD is thinking - but it's not AI skill when an NPC gets and takes one shot and an A5 rated shield is gone on a Python. Then another two or three shots and the ship is lost? Elite or Noob... that's weapons.

Honestly do not know what FD is thinking - but it's not AI skill when an NPC gets and takes one shot and an A5 rated shield is gone on a Python. Then another two or three shots and the ship is lost? Elite or Noob... that's weapons.

A class shield with 3 x A class shield boosters and still get "One Shotted" by a Cobra Mk3.

Been in combat several times and keep running into ships that obviously have serious Engineering upgrades.
I havn't bought the Engineers upgrade yet. Other games have DLC which if you dont buy it, have no effect on the main game.
In my view this looks like extortion, buy the upgrade or your game will be unplayable...if thats going to be the case, i want a full refund, i dont buy unplayable games.

Could someone give me Youtube links of video recordings of the hybrid weapons bug in 2.1.0.2?

I still don't see many video links, if you have Geforce Experience's Shadowplay or AMD's Raptr enabled you can constantly have the possibility to save the past x minutes.

The forum members argued this difficulty thing inside out and 360 degrees for weeks, now it has started to feel like the new trick to tip the scale is speculations over purposely fragmented stories and no video to back it up. Not going to say "lies" because no one has evidence against those stories either. It's not an interesting kind of debate.

If you didn't know you could record videos, now you do.

Last edited:
And I think a lot of us non-combat type players appreciate you posting this. It's pretty well-aligned with our experiences in 2.1.02+.

The problem is that all some of us are seeing (e.g., me, Component then Expert, 130M now 90M total worth since 2.1+, Python-flying user, dropped back to Vulture for insurance reasons) is constantly getting Dangerous/Deadly/Elite FDL/FGS/etc... type opponents. For those of us that mine and trade, not combat, would prefer to run (just cannot seem to any more), it's making the game unbearable and, in my case, I cannot complete any mission any more without dying.

I watched a lot of video, and other than adding mines for weapons, I had already been doing many things prior to 2.1+ to change over. It's more than just technique at this point. I'm usually a very humble player, call myself a noob, but it wasn't until I watched a lot of video that I realized I'm not doing anything wrong.

If I played more, I'd post more videos and file more bugs. Frontier needs to line-up the account to the instance and logs and see how the chance/RNG and other things work. Totally understand that. A number here have dropped hints on various things.

But I only game 10-20 hours/month. So I'm really not caring to play now. Will pick it up again in 6 months. Kudos to those who stick it out and provide the info.

Have you tried putting mineson your hard points ? My asp trader yesterday blownup a clipper and a Fas
It was a very Nice and amusing experience

but it's not AI skill when an NPC gets and takes one shot and an A5 rated shield is gone on a Python. Then another two or three shots and the ship is lost? Elite or Noob... that's weapons.

^This. Most players usually mix up the probem of hard AI and the bugged weapons that npcs use.
I wouldn't touch the AI that's still not as hard as it was in v1.3., but the overcharged npc weapons - that npcs have been using ever since the last updates - are still a core problem.
Hope FD fix it soon.

Last edited:
You also need to be aware, that shooting a WANTED NPC can lead in some circumstances getting a bounty on your head :-( - known issue. Hopefully they sort this one out too. Anyways my clean vest in the stats is ruined [yesnod]

giphy.gif

I fail to understand the complete lack of any response AT ALL from FDEV after all this time - I've been forced to abandoned my allegiance to a faction (read: I quit PowerPlay as it is unplayable/broken beyond belief) and still trying to survive more than an hour without losing a ship is more luck than skill.

Extremely disappointed in the lack of communication/patching these last few weeks. StarCitizen's vaporware is beginning to look attractive at this point - it's that bad. I'm done until a serious patch is released and some massive remuneration is proffered. This isn't a game anymore, it's an exercise in frustration.

I fail to understand the complete lack of any response AT ALL from FDEV after all this time - I've been forced to abandoned my allegiance to a faction (read: I quit PowerPlay as it is unplayable/broken beyond belief) and still trying to survive more than an hour without losing a ship is more luck than skill.

Extremely disappointed in the lack of communication/patching these last few weeks. StarCitizen's vaporware is beginning to look attractive at this point - it's that bad. I'm done until a serious patch is released and some massive remuneration is proffered. This isn't a game anymore, it's an exercise in frustration.

Agreed, but there was a post here or somewhere saying they hinted at an update by friday(so hang on :) )

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/265277-Serverside-update-and-upcoming-point-update

... I watched a lot of video, and other than adding mines for weapons, I had already been doing many things prior to 2.1+ to change over ...
Have you tried putting mineson your hard points ? My asp trader yesterday blownup a clipper and a Fas It was a very Nice and amusing experience
I think that's what I said. I was still dying, regardless. But mines certainly helped me live a few times, even if I got interdicted more than once and finally died before I got to a station.

They are probably still trying to track down all of the reported issues, verify them, get into the logic and figure things out. I'm sure the entire galaxy's dynamics mean when they change anything, there are impacts all over the place.

Right now the chance/RNG is really fine for some people, and out-of-whack for others. I'm sure they're trying to get to the bottom of it, but don't want to over-state things. I mean, you've some of players calling other players cry-babies and liars right now, and I'm sure Frontier is trying to not say much until they confirm things for select players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom