Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

o7 commanders, I'm totally new with using EDHM and I followed the installation process correctly, but when I tried using the shortcut keys to see if it worked, nothing happened, already have my ED install fixed when it comes to Windows protector so not sure what's going on. Tried looking at the troubleshooting section in the manual but the issues listed were mostly about stuff when you have it properly working lol.
No need for response for me, changed my mind on using it, wasn't really planning on using it for real so sorry for the comment spam

what I'm saying is, you guy's can still help, I'm using the Steam install
I don't know about Steam but can you conform that you extracted the zip file into the same directory that EliteDangerous64.exe is in?
and there is a sub-directory called EDHM-ini.

The only other thing I can think of, because it happened to me. When you unzipped the V1.51 it may have used "paths". Check that there is not another EDHM-ini folder underneath the one in the elite-dangerous-64 folder.
Maybe a s/shot of the directory might help.

Screenshot (1).png

You're missing two folders in there it seems:

ReplacementTextures
and
Shader-Repair

Installing the current version of EDHM ======================================

• Unzip the contents of the zip file into the "elite-dangerous-64" folder.

You'll need to locate your "elite-dangerous-64" folder (you can run a windows search for "elitedangerous-64").

Make sure you extract the zip file into the "elite-dangerous-64" folder and not the "Elite Dangerous" folder.

Look for this folder: C:\..\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64

• Extracting the contents of the zip file will create the following 7 files in the "elite-dangerous-64" folder:

- d3dx.ini (the main configuration file) - d3d11.dll - d3dcompiler_46.dll - nvapi64.dll - EDHM-Readme-v1.4.txt - EDHM-1.4-KeyBindings.pdf - uninstall.bat

And 4 folders: - ShaderFixes (contains all the modified shaders) - ReplacementTextures (contains several texture / graphics replacements) - EDHM-ini (contains extra .ini files for Key Binds and Player Profiles) - Shader-Repair (contains instructions on how to fix a problem shader, mostly relevant to VR)

• Once you've extracted the zip, that's it, the mod is installed.

Those two are included in EDHM.

Last edited:
is it normal for there to be another EDHM.ini outside of the intended folder?
There should be only one EDHM.ini folder. Have you got two?
And my Elite-Dangerous-64 folder is the same as yours with the exception of *.bak files.

There should be only one EDHM.ini folder. Have you got two?
And my Elite-Dangerous-64 folder is the same as yours with the exception of *.bak files.
I just checked the new Manual for 1.51, it seems the installation files were condensed after V1.4, the files I previously mentioned are now defunct, please disregard.

So for some reason within the area of where the 64 file is at, there was another EDHM folder, did something to delete it and the required files are still in ED64 so I guess I'll go and see if it works now.

Ok, I deleted EDHM and reinstalled it, made sure there wasn't a extra EDHM folder and it still didn't work, followed everything down to the letter. There's a quick access panel to ED64 but when I click on it, it's basically the same thing, just without the extra steps.
Screenshot (7).png

Ok, I deleted EDHM and reinstalled it, made sure there wasn't a extra EDHM folder and it still didn't work, followed everything down to the letter. There's a quick access panel to ED64 but when I click on it, it's basically the same thing, just without the extra steps. View attachment 217279

Hi CMDR,

I’m away for Easter and only on mobile, so accessing the forums and viewing these images is a little difficult. But from here your installation folder looks fine.

But it’s a non-default Steam location .. have you told steam to install all your games on your Storage drive? If not, there might be another installation of Elite Dangerous on your C: drive

In the past some CMDRs have had multiple installations of elite (one on PC, another on an external drive) and didn’t install EDHM on the version they are loading from the desktop shortcut (or from Steam). Just want to double-check that’s not the case here?

Maybe try excluding the e-d-64 folder from anti-virus, as it could be blocking the modding app

Finally, from the e-d-64 folder, go up two folder levels to the Elite Dangerous folder (make sure you start from the modded e-d-64 folder), double-click EDlaunch.exe, then load Horizons. Theoretically you should see the mod when you load into your ship.

If none of these solutions work then I’m not sure, but when I get home I’ll be in a better position to help as I’ll have the files in front of me too

I finally figured out what was wrong, it was saying I was installing under the ED64 folder in the Steam install but in reality I wasn't, I had to go to my Steam page, and browse local files to click on the actual ED64 folder to install EDHM (made sure to uninstall it from the other ED64 folder). I was doing it via File Explorer.

Top Bottom