Release Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM)

So having a bit of an issue with the Target Info Panel (Bottom left panel on the main HUD). In super cruise the optimal speed and distance bars are the similar colour as the rest of the bars. I'm not too sure how to go about changing the colour of the bars, but for my colour scheme, the optimal distance and speed bars should be white while the rest of the bars should be blue.

I don't suppose someojne could point me in the right direction for fixing this.

If you look closly, you can see that the optimal speed andf distance bars are a slightly lighter blue: Source: https://i.imgur.com/3nmFrce.png

I've answered this on the EDHM Discord, but will repeat here in case anyone else would like the original XML colours in the target panel

--------------------------------------------
Yeah I see. The target panel area is one of the most difficult to mod, as 3 shaders converge into a small area that's constantly changing.

We have the common group shader controlling the little icon and the orange part of the speed/distance bars, the lower panel lines shader, and then the text colour shader. And they're all competing in the same space.

To mod the blue part of the speed/distance bars will glitch the lower panel lines .. but, if you select XML (199) for the text colour and lower panel lines then it should show the original XML matrix colours, even for the blue bars.

TLDR Summary: So try setting XML/199 for the lower panel lines and text colour.

If that doesn't work you're welcome to send me your XML-Profile.ini (either here or in private) and I can try to figure out what's going on

PS. If that doesn't work for some reason, try also setting the Common Group to XML (199)

2) CTRL, SHIFT and ALT (both, right and left) are the only keys i can "add" to a normal key, or there's a way to assign (as example) Q+W, Q+E, A+S etc as hotkeys?

Yeah the modifier keys are set by the modding software 3Dmigoto. So, per quanto ne so, the only modifiers are CTRL, SHIFT and ALT (both, right and left)

EDHM Odyssey Skybox Tool
============================

Hi CMDRs,

There is a fair bit of debate raging with regards to the new skybox in Odyssey. There's arguments for and against, and a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

However, regardless of our position, I think most of us would like a galactic core / nebulae with adequate brightness, and I think they're set a bit low at present (for my tastes).

I developed the Odyssey Skybox Tool so you can experiment with different levels of Odyssey fog / core / nebulae brightness and red levels. There's also an option to restore the Horizons look, but please note the game code has changed the fog (looks like low level fog has been deleted), and also the star clusters appear to have been removed from the galactic core.

Please remember this is only Alpha so FDev might have turned things off to simplify troubleshooting.

Here's some examples from the EDHM Odyssey Skybox Tool

Mode 1: Default Odyssey

EDHM-OST-Mode-1.jpg

Mode 2: Odyssey with suppression removed

EDHM-OST-Mode-2.jpg

Mode 3: Odyssey boost with fog

EDHM-OST-Mode-3.jpg

Mode 4: Odyssey boost with less fog

EDHM-OST-Mode-4.jpg

Mode 0: Horizons (well, as close as I could get)

EDHM-OST-Mode-0.jpg

To install, download the zip, make sure Elite isn't running, and unzip into the PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64 folder (not the Elite Dangerous folder)

The default Steam location is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64

The default Epic location:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\EliteDangerous\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64

The default Frontier locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64\
or
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64\

Please note (very common query): The modding software (3Dmigoto) will disable the functions of Steam overlay. There's nothing I can do about that as I didn't create 3Dmigoto, sorry.

To uninstall, make sure Elite isn't running, double-click the file EDHM-Odyssey-Skybox-Tool-Uninstall.bat

In each mode you can control the brightness and red levels (each key press increases / decreases by 0.1)

• Press F1 to increase brightness

• Press F2 to decrease brightness

• Press F3 to increase red levels

• Press F4 to decrease red levels

• Press F5 to cycle through the different modes

• Press CTRL F5 to return to default in Mode 1

Start-up Values

When you find a mode / brightness / red level you like, you can set these as start-up values (when Odyssey loads)

Open d3dx.ini in a text editor (highly recommend Notepad++, as it shows the code and comments in different colours)

You can set your start-up values in this section:

INI:
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Start-up Values
; You can change these start-up values, and then press F11 to load these values in-game
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Mode (0 = Horizons, 1 = Odyssey, 2 = Odyssey without suppression, 3 = Odyssey boost with fog, 4 = Odyssey boost with less fog)
; Note: set brightness x200 = 0.2 if selecting Horizons manually
; Press F5 to cycle through the modes
y200 = 1

; Startup brightness (0.2 is close to default when in Horizons mode)
; F1 to increase brightness, F2 to decrease brightness
x200 = 1.0

; Red levels (default = 1.0)
; F3 to increase red levels, F4 to decrease red levels
z200 = 1.0

For example, if you'd like to start in mode 4, set
y200 = 4

Unfortunately, the modding software (3Dmigoto) doesn't have an easy way of displaying the current value of a variable on-screen, so to set your brightness / red levels you'll need to count your keypresses and adjust the start-up values accordingly.

For example, four presses of F1 to 'increase brightness', set
x200 = 1.4

However, 3Dmigoto does have a great in-game reload function (F11) .. so you can change your brightness or red levels and then press F11 to see the change in-game.

My recommended start-up settings are:

INI:
; Start-up Values
; You can change these start-up values, and then press F11 to load these values in-game

; Mode (0 = Horizons, 1 = Odyssey, 2 = Odyssey without suppression, 3 = Odyssey boost with fog, 4 = Odyssey boost with less fog)
; Note: set brightness x200 = 0.2 if selecting Horizons manually
; Press F5 to cycle through the modes
y200 = 4

; Start-up brightness (0.2 is close to default when in Horizons mode)
; F1 to increase brightness, F2 to decrease brightness
x200 = 0.5

; Red levels (default = 1.0)
; F3 to increase red levels, F4 to decrease red levels
z200 = 0.8

Keybinds

No doubt these keybinds might conflict with something you're already using, but you can change them pretty easily, also in d3dx.ini

All you need to do is change the key designation for a particular function. For example,

INI:
[key-IncreaseSpaceFog]
Key = no_modifiers F1
run = CommandListFogIncrease

To change the key that increases brightness to NUMPAD1

INI:
[key-IncreaseSpaceFog]
Key = no_modifiers NUMPAD1
run = CommandListFogIncrease

Then press F11 to reload in-game, and now each press of NUMPAD1 will increase brightness by 0.1

As indicated in d3dx.ini, when you've finished setting your start-up values, you can delete all the keybind code to free-up your keys.

Please note: This is an early release version of the Skybox mod that will be included in the EDHM v2 (Odyssey Update).

It was coded in shader assembly as 3Dmigoto couldn't extract the shader correctly in HLSL, and to be honest, shader assembly isn't my strong suit :) (I don't think it's many people's strong suit). I don't have a coding background so if anyone with assembly knowledge can improve my code it would be much appreciated, thank you!

Also, please report any bugs, thanks CMDRs

o7

Last edited:
Got the HUD mod working last night, absolutely loving it. Thanks so much! I'm actually thinking about getting this to work with two different schemes, the seeing if I can work it into voice attack and when I'm interdicted, having the it turn on the red scheme... Blue or green for normal cruising and red for combat mode. That would be so cool.

Got the HUD mod working last night, absolutely loving it. Thanks so much! I'm actually thinking about getting this to work with two different schemes, the seeing if I can work it into voice attack and when I'm interdicted, having the it turn on the red scheme... Blue or green for normal cruising and red for combat mode. That would be so cool.

Yeah I'd love to be able to switch profiles automatically for combat, interdiction etc .. maybe one day we'll figure it out!

There's 5 in-built profiles (CTRL 5,6,7,8,9)

But to configure your own, have a read of the Manual and Profile Guide, or a simpler method is to use the UI. Best to grab the UI from the EDHM discord as there's a patch available just now to fix a bug
I'm using the UI, but I can't find anything regarding the Side panel colors, which is what I'm trying to change.

I'm using the UI, but I can't find anything regarding the Side panel colors, which is what I'm trying to change.

I don’t use the UI as I need manual control over the files while modding, so best to ask Blue Mystic (UI developer) on the EDHM discord in the #ui-app channel

Hi CMDRs,

The PDF files have been re-released with 'edit protection' removed. I didn't realise PDF edit-protection prevented Google Translate from loading the documents, so my apologies to non-English speakers.

The Manual, Profile Guide, and Colour Catalogue can be downloaded from the EDHM GitHub

Hi CMDRs,

The PDF files have been re-released with 'edit protection' removed. I didn't realise PDF edit-protection prevented Google Translate from loading the documents, so my apologies to non-English speakers.

The Manual, Profile Guide, and Colour Catalogue can be downloaded from the EDHM GitHub
If you open them in a browser you can select, copy and paste. :)

Are you already running EDHM? In the Custom.ini file there's a code block to turn off space snow/dust (different to space fog):

INI:
[ShaderOverride-06b5574cbb67cb5c]
; Space dust, do not delete this code block
hash = 06b5574cbb67cb5c
z100 = 10
; Uncomment the line below (remove the semi-colon) to remove space dust in normal flight
;handling=skip
And you're correct about the supercruise snow, it's 13c7cd6955a2b95e
I just noticed these warnings when ED loads

WARNING: Possible Mod Conflict: Duplicate ShaderOverride hash: 6b5574cbb67cb5c
[ShaderOverride\EDHM-ini/Custom.ini\—06b5574cbb67cb5c]
If this is intentional, add allow_duplicate_hash=true or allow_duplicate_hash=overrule to suppress warning

WARNING: Possible Mod Conflict: Duplicate ShaderOverride hash=89fe00881332dc43
[ShaderOverride-89fe00881332dc43]
[ShaderOverride\EDHM-ini/Custom.ini\-89fe00881332dc43]
If this is intentional, add allow_duplicate_hash=true or allow_duplicate_hash=overrule to suppress warning

* The text is OCR'd from a s/shot

Hiya, it looks like you might have added something to Custom.ini, as 06b5574cbb67cb5c and 89fe00881332dc43 shouldn't be in there.

I'll attach the default Custom.ini that comes with v1.51 and that should fix it up

If you're trying to turn off space dust, do that in Startup-Profile.ini, down near the bottom of the file.

Same with supercruise speed lines, set the brightness to 0 in Startup-Profile.ini

I hope that helps!

Attachments

• EDHM-v1.51-Custom-ini.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 113

The Sidelines (89fe00881332dc43), Normal Flight Snow aka 'space dust' (06b5574cbb67cb5c) and SC Snow (13c7cd6955a2b95e) are all controlled inside the Startup-Profile.ini now, just set their brightness to 0. This means you don't need the skip code in Custom.ini anymore so you can delete those blocks or comment them out and any keep other stuff you may have added. Ofc, you could just grab the default from GeorjCostanza to reset and avoid all conflicts. =]

Last edited:
The Sidelines (89fe00881332dc43), Normal Flight Snow aka 'space dust' (06b5574cbb67cb5c) and SC Snow (13c7cd6955a2b95e) are all controlled inside the Startup-Profile.ini now, just set their brightness to 0. This means you don't need the skip code in Custom.ini anymore so you can delete those blocks or comment them out and any keep other stuff you may have added. Ofc, you could just grab the default from GeorjCostanza to reset and avoid all conflicts. =]
I was trying to keep the settings I had set up and ran into brain fuzz. :(
Thanks and I like your Witchspace mod. BTW :D

Thank you for all the work on this much needed mod.... which I have managed to break in only a few minutes after installation.
I have been running a custom HUD via XML for some time but don't like how it messes with things I would like to remain stock color. I restored the original XML values and ran Sync files then installed using EDHM_UI_v1.52f, I now get some elements of the HUD to change but not as shown in the profile preview. I am wondering if the Odyssey install is causing funky issues?

Attachments

• expectedHUD.jpg
    expectedHUD.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 97
  • resultHUD.jpg
    resultHUD.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom