Elite Dangerous into Xbox Game Pass [updated 2021]

maybe the base game will be and you need to buy it to play Odyssey?
yes sorry that is what I meant, I wasn't expecting odyssey to also be free

these game passes usually only last for a certain amount of months, given that we might not be getting Odyssey until November, it would be a dropped ball if they remove it from game pass just as Odyssey is about to hit

will be interesting to see if its still on the games pass by the time Odyssey is released

I'm sure it will be. Most games are included in Game Pass for quite a long time, not just a few months. Since Elite is an ongoing, service-based game, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in Game Pass for many years. This is beneficial for Frontier too, because while the base game is "free" (in reality I'm sure they get revenue from Microsoft, either up front or based on usage), many players will be inclined to buy Odyssey or ARX for it in the future. Not to mention they will be able to buy the base game with 20% discount, too, in case it leaves the service in the future. I really hope this will lead to many more Xbox CMDRs blazing their trails and it will be beneficial for everyone.

Edit: Oh, and let's not forget that if you're a Game Pass member, DLCs will be 10% cheaper, too. So discounted Odyssey and ARX (this one I'm not sure of, will have to check) for us.

Most games are included in Game Pass for quite a long time, not just a few months.

I'm playing ED since November 2018.
Basically the only game i play on XB

Game Pass does not really makes sense for gamers like me.
But it does makes sense for those game that can be finished in 20-60h

I'm playing ED since November 2018.
Basically the only game i play on XB

Game Pass does not really makes sense for gamers like me.
But it does makes sense for those game that can be finished in 20-60h

I think the biggest advantage of Game Pass, for Elite, is the extra promotion, and that many people will give it a go who otherwise wouldn't buy it. Hopefully many of those new players will stick with the game and will buy it when (or if) it leaves the service.

Top Bottom