Elite Dangerous | Issues with Launching via Steam

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders.

Sorry to bring such news into your Saturday, but it’s been alerted that a number of Commanders have reported issues over the last hour or so, with logging into their Elite Dangerous accounts via Steam.

The primary issue being for some that their Steam login was replaced with the ‘purchase/redeem’ routine.

As I’ve been typing this out, we are seeing Commanders being able to return to the Galaxy via Steam again, so hopefully this was a temporary situation, however an eye will be kept out for any additional reports.

Just wanted to show acknowledgment.

Please do make sure to have as super weekend as possible, however you’re spending it o7

UPDATE | CS RESPONSE:

If you attempt to link your account when prompted by the launcher, and hit a 'forbidden' message, this is simply because your account IS linked already.

No need to do anything with linking, nor to reinstall.

As soon as the communication between us and Steam is back up, your game access will be recognised again with no need for any action on your part.

General Update:

Commanders.

As we’re approaching the evening time here, we do see people able to get back into the Galaxy again in various territories and capacities.

At times, the issue has re-arisen and as always we’re grateful for your patience if it has.

The team have investigated and there is nothing currently we can add until the situation on Steam’s side stabilises, which we hope will be as soon as possible for you all.

Again, we will keep an eye on things but forgive any silence as we hit the evening o7

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders.

Sorry to bring such news into your Saturday, but it’s been alerted that a number of Commanders have reported issues over the last hour or so, with logging into their Elite Dangerous accounts via Steam.

The primary issue being for some that their Steam login was replaced with the ‘purchase/redeem’ routine.

As I’ve been typing this out, we are seeing Commanders being able to return to the Galaxy via Steam again, so hopefully this was a temporary situation, however an eye will be kept out for any additional reports.

Please do make sure to have as super weekend as possible, however you’re spending it o7

Thank you, Sally!

Yes, I had this problem today, however closing Steam and restarting Windows fixed it for me.

Hope that helps anyone with same isssue. o7

sallymorganmoore

Ok, I can see some of you are continuing to have issues.
Unfortunately it’s currently still in investigation at present with limited capacity on our side but we will keep standing by.

It could be (I hope) that it’s gently starting to return to normal but it taking time across profiles.

Sometimes, when I've had this happen on the stand alone launcher, pressing F5 within it refreshed the page (like a browser refresh). Don't know how the Steam launcher works though, sorry - I avoid Steam as much as possible.

sallymorganmoore

Sometimes, when I've had this happen on the stand alone launcher, pressing F5 within it refreshed the page (like a browser refresh). Don't know how the Steam launcher works though, sorry - I avoid Steam as much as possible.
Naww really really appreciate the suggestions from you all to support each other regardless.

Unfortunately It’s quite tricky with the timing of this happening, but I can only send all the apologies and appreciation for the patience as usual, during such times o7

Greetings Commanders.

I can't log in even after restarting my pc. what should I do?

Hello, as of right now having issues. When i attempt to launch the game via Steam, ED launcher props me to create new acc or log in with existing one. Logging in doesn't work as i "dont own the game". At the bottow there are "Log In" button (which doesnt work, as stated earlier), and "Link Account", which prompts me to log in into my Frontier acc in browser, and then it states "Linking Proccess. Step 3 out of 3. Forbidden". Also upon checking my Steam acc already linked. Should i unlink my steam and re-link it, or all my previous progress will be deleted upon doing this?

Edit: apparently the issue resolved itself. Upon restarting the launcher several minutes later it launched as normal, allowing me to play the game. Still thanks for attending our issues and trying to help. o7

Last edited:

sallymorganmoore

same and how long will it take to resolve:sick:
I can't log in even after restarting my pc. what should I do?
Hi! It’s currently a situation our of our hands at the moment, so unfortunately I’m not able to give everyone a specific idea on when everyone will be able to continue as normal.

As soon as I know more I’ll let you all know o7

Top Bottom