Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Additional hotfix | Text entry in game triggers associated actions from keybindings.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders. Back again.

We are imminently deploying a fix for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Commanders to address the following issue that was introduced with hotfix 12.01 earlier today:
  • Typing within the comms menu, as well as typing within the Galaxy map and other areas of text entry within game, currently fails to override Commander keybinds.
    • If you were typing messages/chatting to fellow Commanders or searching for locations in game and had actions bound to specific keys you were using to type with, the bindings associated with those keys would still inflict the actions associated with them.
As you can imagine, downtime is at an absolute minimum for this one.

One additional known issue to be aware of, which was not previously posted in the 12.01 notes:
  • Scatter rocks will appear 'flat black' on terrain after using full screen UI.
All else remains the same with nothing further to add in relation to the 12.01 hotfix from earlier today, so I'll pop the link to the supporting notes here for your convenience and update them one final time directly today with the latest fix, and the known issue regarding scatter rocks mentioned above: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-hotfix-12-01-10-06-2022.604345/

Here's, once again, wishing you a super weekend ahead of you Commanders! Thanks for your time and thoughts!

See you in the black and next week, of course o7

Wow! That was fast! Patch out the flickering shadows and I will be happy again! But I guess that will have to wait until next week. 😞

EDIT: Steam just patched again.

Greetings Commanders. Back again.

We are imminently deploying a fix for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Commanders to address the following issue that was introduced with hotfix 12.01 earlier today:
  • Typing within the comms menu, as well as typing within the Galaxy map and other areas of text entry within game, currently fails to override Commander keybinds.
    • If you were typing messages/chatting to fellow Commanders or searching for locations in game and had actions bound to specific keys you were using to type with, the bindings associated with those keys would still inflict the actions associated with them.
As you can imagine, downtime is at an absolute minimum for this one.

One additional known issue to be aware of, which was not previously posted in the 12.01 notes:
  • Scatter rocks will appear 'flat black' on terrain after using full screen UI.
All else remains the same with nothing further to add in relation to the 12.01 hotfix from earlier today, so I'll pop the link to the supporting notes here for your convenience and update them one final time directly today with the latest fix, and the known issue regarding scatter rocks mentioned above: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/elite-dangerous-odyssey-hotfix-12-01-10-06-2022.604345/

Here's, once again, wishing you a super weekend ahead of you Commanders! Thanks for your time and thoughts!

See you in the black and next week, of course o7
I'm still experimenting but, I have to say that, so far, the flickering at settlements appears to have gone as does the stuttering on approach.

Good work! (y)

Ta!

PS Loving seeing my SRV tracks back :)

PPS And! Welcome back, Sally!

So, I rarely ever post; in fact I think this may be my first ever post…but I would just like to say… superb job. This late on a Friday and the team is working on a hot fix! Now that shows a team that cares, that wants this game to be brilliant. And is doing their hardest to make it so. Thankyou all at frontier. And because it is not often said enough: an additional-Thankyou!

Top Bottom