Elite Dangerous : Odyssey Alpha Unofficial FAQ

I bought Odyssey with Alpha Access on Steam where I originally also bought E: D and Horizons.
I bought another copy of E: D and Odyssey Alpha along with some Other downloadable Merchandise in the Frontier Store using my linked account.
Idea is to get the Original Soundtrack and two accounts with Odyssey, plus pass some GBP to FDev. Alpha Access and Suit are probably purely completionist items.

I am unsure about linking Steam Odyssey. Ideally this should remain my main account with Odyssy and Alpha.
The copies I bought in Frontier Developments Online Store should go to a different email address for the alternate account.

Is this doable, and what would be the recommended way?

On stream they just said they are planning for each phase to last 1 week until they reach phase four, they may extend them though. Once they reach the end of phase 3 the alpha will go down for two days while they merge the live snapshot with the alpha.

Where do you change that?
1616702936507.png

I bought Odyssey with Alpha Access on Steam where I originally also bought E: D and Horizons.
I bought another copy of E: D and Odyssey Alpha along with some Other downloadable Merchandise in the Frontier Store using my linked account.
Idea is to get the Original Soundtrack and two accounts with Odyssey, plus pass some GBP to FDev. Alpha Access and Suit are probably purely completionist items.

I am unsure about linking Steam Odyssey. Ideally this should remain my main account with Odyssy and Alpha.
The copies I bought in Frontier Developments Online Store should go to a different email address for the alternate account.

Is this doable, and what would be the recommended way?
It sounds as if you have worked it out correctly - 2nd account needs a different email address to the first to remain independent.
I have 3 done in the same way.

It’s 52 dollars Canadian on the FD store and 45 dollars Canadian on Steam for the non-alpha access.
Bargain!

You can elect to not buy either and decide which of the amounts you have saved ;)

Possibly a discrepency in how the UK exchange rate against, what I assume steam in the USA, has, but just a guess. (the Frontier $CAN price equates to the UK price at the current mid exchange rate)

(but a saving of £5.00 in the two, which isn't at all bad!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom