ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well then no problem from me. But your signature is confusing :unsure: .. I mean what you are asking is a fusion of horizons VR capabilities and Odyssey content. This is simply Elite Danerous: Odyssey (with partial VR support) rather than Elite Dangerous: Horizons (with new planetary tech). If I understand correctly :rolleyes::unsure:
Well FD have said no VR in Odyssey so we are saying can you put all the new planetary stuff in Horizons as that's the only way to play in VR.

Well FD have said no VR in Odyssey so we are saying can you put all the new planetary stuff in Horizons as that's the only way to play in VR.
Well if that's easier for them vs configuring Odyssey to use VR for just the cockpit / flight (i.e. Horizons) aspect of the game :rolleyes::unsure: ..

Well then no problem from me. But your signature is confusing :unsure: .. I mean what you are asking is a fusion of horizons VR capabilities and Odyssey content. This is simply Elite Danerous: Odyssey (with partial VR support) rather than Elite Dangerous: Horizons (with new planetary tech). If I understand correctly :rolleyes::unsure:
Most of could get by with just the new planet tech. Be it in Odyssey without the space legs or ported over to Horizons. I'm a Lifetime pass holder who has played Elite Dangerous for 6 years in VR. I don't want FD to hold up Odyssey for this.

Last edited:
i Wish... certainly comfortable but most of the flight upgrades have been gifts and VR, whilst not cheap is not crazy expensive when you consider the cost of a top of the range phone or other expensive luxury.
feel free to call me entitled ... I’m sure that parts true!

EDVR is my hobby ... so...

and to be fair, my phone is six years old! Lol

True. My Rift S cost me 450 Euros. Compare that to one of the really expensive smart phones -- just recently, I saw (and handled) one in a shop that was being sold for 1,500 Euros. Almost dropped it when I saw the price tag. :)

IMO, the advantages of VR are a) immersion (you really ARE flying that ship, or so it seems), b) what you see is bigger. You'd need a REALLY big screen to get the same result -- and those are easily ten times as expensive as a Rift S. (I've got an eye on a 65" 4K monitor -- 5,000 Euros... A pipe dream, forever. My kids and wife come first.)

1591718713393.png

Just saw this comment in another forum:

„One of the things I now appreciate about SC is that it’s one universe for all (per server anyway, until the long awaited server meshing tech comes in), but there is virtually zero griefing. Very very different from Open in ED.“

Well, perhaps the loss at the end isn‘t that big after all. But, how long will it take until SC gets VR support...

Just saw this comment in another forum:

„One of the things I now appreciate about SC is that it’s one universe for all (per server anyway, until the long awaited server meshing tech comes in), but there is virtually zero griefing. Very very different from Open in ED.“

Well, perhaps the loss at the end isn‘t that big after all. But, how long will it take until SC gets VR support...
A question we are all asking now.

Here's a question for VR users; why not just simply wait for Odyssey to incorporate VR before buying it, instead of insisting an answer be given to you right now?
If you won't play ED without VR, the lack of answer really doesn't mean anything, unless you're ready to right now turn off the game permanently, and quit the forums too.

Yeah, but the signature shows that Odyssey is installed. It's conceptual. We're quite willing to pay. :)

Here's a question for VR users; why not just simply wait for Odyssey to incorporate VR before buying it, instead of insisting an answer be given to you right now?
If you won't play ED without VR, the lack of answer really doesn't mean anything, unless you're ready to right now turn off the game permanently, and quit the forums too.

that’s a valid question... two reasons

I don’t want a VR hack after thought

im not convinced we will see any VR at this point

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom