ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Isn't it ironic?
It was even designed to support anaglyph 3D (red and green).

Did any of you guys ever use those glasses from the late '90s early 2000's made by NVidia that worked with your CRT monitor. They were pretty awesome. They used LCD shutter lenses which were controlled by an IR sensor that was synced to the refresh rate. Basically one eye could only ever see the offset image that was meant for it.

I guess it's time to post that video again. Can I be bothered to find the one when David Braben says they had the game running in 16k. I hate having to prove things.
Once again 08:12 if the link don't work...

Did any of you guys ever use those glasses from the late '90s early 2000's made by NVidia that worked with your CRT monitor. They were pretty awesome. They used LCD shutter lenses which were controlled by an IR sensor that was synced to the refresh rate. Basically one eye could only ever see the offset image that was meant for it.
Nope but I have at home a 3D Panasonic with the active 3D glasses. I only have few 3D movies though.

QggGY1T.jpg

Nope but I have at home a 3D Panasonic with the active 3D glasses. I only have few 3D movies though.

Those glasses worked on almost any 3D game at the time since the drivers interacted with the video card/DirectX to create the 2 separate offset images. The games didn't have to support anything. Mind you their 3D engine had to be solid though or you would get some crazy anomalies.

Never used them, but recall finding the recognition kind of funny, because that was the second coming of the concept, for when 120Hz TV began to come out; They used to exist for use with 30/25Hz interlaced screens (EDIT: ...so 60/50Hz, with two "fields" producing one "frame") back in the 80s/90s shift. Flicker, flicker! :7

Never used them, but recall finding the recognition kind of funny, because that was the second coming of the concept, for when 120Hz TV began to come out; They used to exist for use with 30/25 interlaced screens back in the 80s/90s shift. Flicker, flicker! :7

By the time nVidia released theirs the flicker issue was gone since you could run higher refresh rates. I have 2 sets sitting in the old computer parts collection. I recently tried getting one set setup on a computer I have setup with a CRT for older games (but with modern hardware), but nVidia does not have drivers that work with Windows 7 :(

EDIT: They only support the newer 3D vision which is for LCD monitors.

Last edited:
They would have to completely change how repairs are done with the AFMU and repair Limpets for there to be EVA repairs.
Oh wait a sec I just realized one thing.... We all know that we can't repair the integrity though. They never introduced an independent way to fix it. So the legs part could take care of the integrity reparation.
Another thing that legs could add to ship gameplay is the modules upgrades. We would interact directly on the modules to apply specific upgrades when we need them.

Oh wait a sec I just realized one thing.... We all know that we can't repair the integrity though. They never introduced an independent way to fix it. So the legs part could take care of the integrity reparation.
Another thing that legs could add to ship gameplay is the modules upgrades. We would interact directly on the modules to apply specific upgrades when we need them.

Space legs could also be used for actually boarding other ships to take them over and loot them of their cargo.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom