Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Hotfix 1

Can't tell if you are being serious or not...
I am serious. There very likely are people working at Frontier who probably knew and forecasted exactly what launch would be like and expressed their fears to their supervisors. However, my guess is that top management was more interested in shareholder satisfaction, perhaps other short term gains and vastly underestimated the sophistication of Elite Dangerous Commanders.

People who actually do the work are often between the anvil and the hammer.

:(

you do realise its just an error code right?
It's an error code that's specifically displayed when a players CMDR cannot be located, there for connection to the game can't be established - as per Frontiers description on the support page. This isn't a new issue either, it happens frequently after patches to many people. I can currently log into my epic games account but cannot log into my main account so I'm literally powerless to do anything about it. This isn't just "you have a bad connection" or a hardware issue, it's a server side issue going back 3+ years at least.

FOR ANYONE STILL HAVING ORANGE SIDEWINDER AFTER THE UPDATE. I GOT IT TO WORK. BOOT UP THE ELITE LAUNCHER LAUNCH ORIGINAL ELITE DANGEROUS (NOT HORIZONS OR ODYSSEY) LOAD INTO THE GAME (open play, etc) EXIT THE GAME OPEN ODYSSEY

Finally it works via this method ONLY.. still not happy at 14 hours wasted trying to log in to a game. My work hours mean I won't be able to give it a proper play until next week now.

I am serious. There very likely are people working at Frontier who probably knew and forecasted exactly what launch would be like and expressed their fears to their supervisors. However, my guess is that top management was more interested in shareholder satisfaction, perhaps other short term gains and vastly underestimated the sophistication of Elite Dangerous Commanders.

Imagine if all of us, actually bought shares from Fdev, then they'd have to listen to us cause we'd end up making the the majority of the part that Braben doesn't own.

They said some, this doesn't mean that every station is gonna have full stock of stuff, for example I bought a T2 dominator suit, the station now has no more stock of them till most likely someone sells a suit there.

None of the bugs I've raised have ever been addressed. Might as well scream them at a dog
Or Quiddity
Barker is brilliant. The new Nightbreed tv show soon

Check Rudy Rucker. Some Brit outfit just optioned his Wares Tetralogy.
Great read on the way to Hutton to get the truckers invisible suit
FOR ANYONE STILL HAVING ORANGE SIDEWINDER AFTER THE UPDATE. I GOT IT TO WORK. BOOT UP THE ELITE LAUNCHER LAUNCH ORIGINAL ELITE DANGEROUS (NOT HORIZONS OR ODYSSEY) LOAD INTO THE GAME (open play, etc) EXIT THE GAME OPEN ODYSSEY
good catch Cmdr CAP

Launcher still locks me out and tells me to upgrade (via Steam) -but upgrade ahs already been processed - any hints on how to upgrade files again?

Hold the front door there is lava flows?
Probably poor choice of wording they appear in large pools when active and flaming then they calm down into dying embers but they dont flow like a lava river. First time Ive seen one though so it took me be surprise when they all just appeared after the patch! The temperature increases as you get closer too, up to dangerous levels when fully active.

2021-05-20 22_54_25-Greenshot.jpg

2021-05-20 23_02_59-Greenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Even if Frontier didnt have shareholders the same would also be true. What you think there is a bunch of mythical shareholders pulling the strings?

This may come as a surprise but Froniter are first and foremost a business. Also to be fair this launch isn't any worse than any other so really people should be used to it by now.

I asked if you were serious more down to the sophisticated comment and not being fooled by marketing. Because lets face it you really cant say that with a straight face.

The fact that with every single release/update - without fail, the game basically breaks shows what a crap show the management and so-called leadership of FDev is. This seems to be a big mess and to tell you the truth if star citizen was working I'd jump ship - if SC becomes a go I'm going to just ditch ED.

Last edited:
Launcher still locks me out and tells me to upgrade (via Steam) -but upgrade ahs already been processed - any hints on how to upgrade files again?
NVM figured it out myself - had to Launch EDLaunch.exe from the folder - not using the steam link

This release is No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk level of broken. "some concerns" about performance? You lied to your customer base. You knew it wasn't even close to being finished and now everyone is an alpha/betatester. Don't expect me to bug report your mess, that's your job.

The guy who answered "No, we cant postpone release date" after being told by developers that Odyssey isn't ready at all (today's stream body language and intonation speaks for itself. They knew.), that person ed his customers and ruined a major part of Frontiers reputation with many players. They better rename it to ED: Odyssey Beta to maintain some level of honesty and credability.

Need to fix crime and impounding of hot ships thousands of lightyears away especially in anarchy systems
Why would an anarchy system impound a ship for crimes committed and penalised in a different system?
Why would your carrier impound your ship for being arrested a hundred lightyears away?
.....its a joke

Top Bottom