Elite: Dangerous Odyssey POST PATCH suggestion

G'day. Old Player Returning to Elite Dangerous: Horizons after about 4 years. I have a Post Patch suggestion for the new Odyssey expansion.

What is it? -- HOME'S!!! Since we're gonna be getting out of our ships,( finally), we should be able to extend this system and have the capacity to be able to have homes! Granted i did steal this from another, still in construction, game, that will not be mentioned here due to competition. BUT: having a home in the persistent Elite Dangerous world would be amazing!

Having showers, Sleeping in beds, eating, going to shops, decorating your guy out in clothes, bar's, you name it! I have so many idea's. But having a home, and things to do in the home would be great!

Edit to the moderators: it was not my intention to "Supersede" the swear filter. i didnt even know the forums HAD a swear filter. i just censored my own swearing because i didnt want to come out swearing with full F's and C's and S's and so on... y'know what i mean...

Last edited:
If you can do a living space on a ship ill be a one ship guy with a super multi purpose ship layout, prolly my Krait MK2

I wonder how they'll handle clothes in Odyssey. Currently they're bought out of game with arx/real money. They mention upgrading your gear, maybe they'll have arx bought clothes override the look of 'standard' in-game gear.

Also no to eating! in game food is fine but i don't want to have to replenish my food bar every 15 min... my character eats when i log out.

If you can do a living space on a ship ill be a one ship guy with a super multi purpose ship layout, prolly my Krait MK2

y'know what? i'd like that, living on the ship in the middle of space, doing nothing at all, relaxed, breathing easy, zero space.

I wonder how they'll handle clothes in Odyssey. Currently they're bought out of game with arx/real money. They mention upgrading your gear, maybe they'll have arx bought clothes override the look of 'standard' in-game gear.

ehhh, i dont think i'd want to go spacefaring around in a pink pimp outfit, if i was to get one xD.

Also no to eating! in game food is fine but i don't want to have to replenish my food bar every 15 min... my character eats when i log out.

But...but... i like eating every 5 minutes!!!!! lmfao, nahhh, something like once every 4 hours would be nice.. y'know, realistic food choices. not like SCUM where you have to eat every 10 minutes otherwise you get annoying pings "I'm starving".... it SUUUUUCKS

y'know what? i'd like that, living on the ship in the middle of space, doing nothing at all, relaxed, breathing easy, zero space.

cowboy-space.gif

ehhh, i dont think i'd want to go spacefaring around in a pink pimp outfit, if i was to get one xD.
im sure they wont do pink as standard issue body armor haha, but it may not have any flourish like the current jackets you can get.

But...but... i like eating every 5 minutes!!!!! lmfao, nahhh, something like once every 4 hours would be nice.. y'know, realistic food choices. not like SCUM where you have to eat every 10 minutes otherwise you get annoying pings "I'm starving".... it SUUUUUCKS
well most games handle food its ether too needy (ARK) or others that have it but its mostly useless (Skyrim)… I like survival elements when its you vs nature, but Elite is very much vs humans and aliens. Also how many tons of food do you have to pack to reach Beagle Point? do explorers need to super plan out their journeys or can we craft food from raw materials? Really I feel Elite has the player concerned with enough micro and macro that food on top would be a distraction, but that's just me.

Suggestion: enable picking up mats from Guardian sites in FPS mode. I can currently shoot the mats from columns but can't pick them up. Would be nice to be able to do that.

Suggestion - Lock walking around HUD to head (this is annoying when using head tracking kit. like TrackIR.) Because the head doesn't move around inside the helmet. Also this would be less disorientating, and easier to use the stupid wheel menus. (Please get rid of these crappy wheel menus!)

Back
Top Bottom