Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 12 Update Notes

Attachments

• leaving departure flounce.jpg
    leaving departure flounce.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 67
It's not about the announcement. It's about the dopamine from the confirmation or argument that stems from such an announcement

there's at least a couple generations of people addicted to needing to know other people's constant reactions to themselves or others or to communicate reactions to other people and it's only going to get worse. Seems deeply rooted in human nature given how fast it's grown and pervasiveness of it. Luckily Cylons aren't affected.

It's not about the announcement. It's about the dopamine from the confirmation or argument that stems from such an announcement

there's at least a couple generations of people addicted to needing to know other people's constant reactions to themselves or others or to communicate reactions to other people and it's only going to get worse. Seems deeply rooted in human nature given how fast it's grown and pervasiveness of it. Luckily Cylons aren't affected.
... Parklife!

Is there a thread somewhere for reporting bugs in this latest update? There's been a bug in the disembarking process in Fleet Carriers that hasn't been addressed in this latest update...

Here's the thread describing it

Did anyone else having issues loading cargo in FC?

Yesterday I took a mission to delive Tritium to investors. I found a FC selling Tritium for reasonable price, flew there and bought just enough (72t) of Tritium from the FC commodity market. Then I frew back to the original station to complete mission and was really surprised that my cargo hold was empty. I thought maybe I made a mistake and didn't press a button to buy Tritium, so I flew back to the FC opened commodity market and it showed me that I have exactly 72 tonns in cargo. Then I opened right hand panel and saw the cargo appeared in the cargo hold. So I flew back to original station second time and completed the mission.

Many people asked to be able to have temporary storage in stations to store cargo, like we can do with ships and modules. So this time game just showed that this is technically possible via this glitch.

20220723202642_1.jpg
20220723202627_1.jpg

I had another issue - with outfitting this time - I upgraded ship thrusters from class B to class A, then immediately made some engineering and was really surprised to see that my top speed didn't increase and (!!!) was exact same as with previous module. I looked to the ship modules list and noticed that module has class B (despite I did some manipulations with module A I could not do with B as it was previously engineered too). And in module detail screen (first screenshot) it showed that installed module has class A.

After logging off to the menu and getting back it was synced again and the parameters (top speed) was inline with my expectancies.
P.S. A am not trying to report any of issues anymore as none of previously reported issue were ever confirmed.

The upside to the cargo bug is that if you don't re-open the commodity market until you get to your destination (so your cargo bay stays "empty"), any pirates that pull you over think you've got nothing worth taking...

FWIW, for the cargo bug you can relog to desktop once you reach the destination and the cargo will be in the hold.

Edit: Sorry I mean relog to main menu..

Last edited:
Features of Note
  • A shipyard terminal has been added to the on-foot areas within detention centres allowing Commanders to recall their active ship rather than being forced to take a shuttle.
  • When a player's bounty is claimed whilst they're on foot, their active ship will be impounded at the detention centre they're sent to

Someone in Fdev needs to review what happens when your ship is impounded.
Not only does the current ship that you travelled with to a settlement/planet gets impounded, but also the current ship you left at the station by taking Apex shuttles gets impounded with a major problem. I've written what I encountered today in detail, so please take a look.

Besides all that, since you can't take an Apex shuttle to prison, the option of taking an Apex shuttle out of the prison is a trap that you don't want anyone to take, and shouldn't be there at all!

The Cutter was always a boat. Oh wait, this isn't meant to discuss, it's meant to fulfill the Elite is Dead(tm) narrative.
Ships is weighty, I likes it, it's what makes Elite special.

Ships is more weighty, big ships like the Cutter are very heavy now.

Sad to hear the thing that made Elite's flight special is gone.

Ships is weighty, I likes it, it's what makes Elite special.

Ships is more weighty, big ships like the Cutter are very heavy now.

Sad to hear the thing that made Elite's flight special is gone.
It would be if true, but many say stuff just to make the people who hear it sad. Which is even sadder. Don't believe everything you hear.

Last edited:
View attachment 315431View attachment 315432
I had another issue - with outfitting this time - I upgraded ship thrusters from class B to class A, then immediately made some engineering and was really surprised to see that my top speed didn't increase and (!!!) was exact same as with previous module. I looked to the ship modules list and noticed that module has class B (despite I did some manipulations with module A I could not do with B as it was previously engineered too). And in module detail screen (first screenshot) it showed that installed module has class A.

After logging off to the menu and getting back it was synced again and the parameters (top speed) was inline with my expectancies.
P.S. A am not trying to report any of issues anymore as none of previously reported issue were ever confirmed.
Thats same with lot of my issues. Problem is everyone describes same problems different. A lot of issues with same problem do not get cummulated to one. Issuetracker is a nice try to get issues reported and maybe fixed - but - they have to be confirmed and finally also voted to get fixed. So a lot of errors are still in the game and get never fixed from update to update to update. Writing here in the forums please vote for issue xyz might help. As you said a lot of issues get never confirmed and are closed without even get noticed by devs.

Top Bottom