Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 3.01 | Horizons Update

Greetings Commanders.

At approximately 9:45 UTC/ 10:45 BST we deployed updates for both Elite Dangerous: Odyssey and Elite Dangerous: Horizons (all platforms), to address a number of priority issues.

Information on both updates can be found below.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons
  • General fixes to improve stability of the game have been implemented.
  • A moon has been reinstated in the Sharur system, which disappeared in Update 2 and caused issues for players trying to log into game whilst present in Sharur.

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
  • General fixes to improve stability of the game have been implemented.
  • A fix has been implemented so that the scope of the manticore oppressor is no longer obscured.
  • A fix for a softlock when entering the CMDR panel via the access UI (due to the player being unable to back out) has been implemented.
  • A fix for the shuttle becoming stuck in a loop of docking requests when trying to land at a hostile settlement has been implemented.

Thank you all and have a great Friday.

See you in the black, Commanders o7
Played about 6 hours over the weekend, didn't notice a significant change in FPS but didn't get any crashes or disconnections.
Did notice some big FPS drops in a hydroponics lab with smoke and fire and lots of particle effects, otherwise pretty stable.
The maverick suit torch still seems to work intermitantly and flicker when working.

Really enjoyed my play sessions starting with confict zones and then a couple of restart the power missions and a few scavenger clearances. Love the spooky atmosphere exploring abandoned settlements looking for materials.
Came outside to see scavengers poking around outside, a firefight ensued including a mad retreat in an SRV.
Love the details in the settlements and the variety of environments.
That in space lighting still needs balancing and I'd like to see more color variation on planet surfaces, but overall loving my time with the game.
Well done :)

Last edited:
@Peacebringer I really wonder how that happens. Maybe some special hardware devices have to be addressed here. But in my case with a quite old computer with a Geforce 1070 it still runs very good in settings "high". The lowest FPS are about 40 in settlements. Everything else runs even faster. But I set it up to steady 45 FPS to prevent changes. So it feels a bit more evenly distributed and thus predictibable to control. Also it protects my device from overheating.

The only situation where I get 7 FPS is, when I double the resolution via super sampling. That looks great. It removes all the aliasing. But it indeed is too much for my hardware in this game.

I run a Geforce 1070 and have rubbish low settings. What settings do you use. Feel free to DM me.

Odyssey Update 3.01 - very strange update:​

Planet surface texture error
Logo bug on left shoulder Maverick

Of course, I'm sorry, but the impression is that Odyssey is kept on crutches.

Odyssey Update 3.01 - very strange update:​

Planet surface texture error
Logo bug on left shoulder Maverick

Of course, I'm sorry, but the impression is that Odyssey is kept on crutches.
3090. 43 FPS.

Kudos FDev. Kudos.

Top Bottom