Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 8 & Horizons Update Release Schedule

See Sally?

Frontier announces a major upgrade coming soon and the times the servers will be down. That day comes and those times are no longer accurate.
It's your fault for announcing them but did you learn and listen? Nooo! You did it again Now no one knows. Maybe we'll play the game again after
the Thursday morning update. Then fly our Sidewinders around to another system and see if update 8 crashes us to the rebuy screen.

You can blame it on T.J. saying that he told you to do it. It's always his fault. Everyone knows that. :)

Frontier's time announcements and the actual times are rarely accurate even if they start on time. That's normal. If they ever matched 100 percent
I'd let the dogs out, look up in the sky and see if there are any pigs flying about!

This is a fun satirical post to get a few smiles. Nothing important. Thank you! I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses!

Enjoy

Greetings Commanders!

Ok, full system checks, throttle...working, view is nice. Things are looking good so let's go:

At Approximately 13:00 BST (12:00 UTC)
'Servers will be offline in one hour' warning deployed ✅

At Approximately 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC)
Servers will be offline for ALL PLATFORMS (Consoles and PC).

At Approximately 15:00 BST (14:00 UTC)
Update 8 for Odyssey and the Horizons Update will be available to download and then play.

To recap on the notes and conversation so far, if you've not already had the chance to look over things as they currently stand, we have:

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 8 Notes HERE.
Elite Dangerous: Horizons Update Notes HERE.

Please remember that not all servers will spool up at the same time, on the nose of 15:00 BST. Everything needs to wake up at a healthy pace with one another, so there may be a little turbulence here and there at that time.

We'll be here watching and joining you for the journey, of course o7

So then! Let's go!!!
Thank you very much for the long-awaited update, developers.
By the way, is it still possible to turn on/off Super Cruise Assist and Docking Computer with a single key?
It's really annoying to have to go to the navigation menu every time...

Here we go.. See you on the other side!

1635339281243.png

Btw can we get binary numbering on the updates? Then we already passed 10 🤣

See Sally?

Frontier announces a major upgrade coming soon and the times the servers will be down. That day comes and those times are no longer accurate.
It's your fault for announcing them but did you learn and listen? Nooo! You did it again Now no one knows. Maybe we'll play the game again after
the Thursday morning update. Then fly our Sidewinders around to another system and see if update 8 crashes us to the rebuy screen.

You can blame it on T.J. saying that he told you to do it. It's always his fault. Everyone knows that. :)

Frontier's time announcements and the actual times are rarely accurate even if they start on time. That's normal. If they ever matched 100 percent
I'd let the dogs out, look up in the sky and see if there are any pigs flying about!

This is a fun satirical post to get a few smiles. Nothing important. Thank you! I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses!

Enjoy
tumblr_n2odti0jk11qg0snbo1_500.gifv

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Well, FD will soon run out of content for EDO (i.e. new SRV etc) and then.......what will they do I wonder?

Thats what I'm telling myself anyway. I'm sure FD will suddenly go off on a wild tangent and improve the FSS or something.

Or Thargoids on foot or whatever, who knows!

FDEV - Proudly running out of content since 2012 😋

Top Bottom