Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 9 Notes

Frontier - will you please fix your bugs. I am so tired of not being able to finish missions through no fault of mine. I got fined 100k CR's because I cannot activate the power center because there is a dead NPC in the way. Picture attached that shows the NPC. I tired everything to try and get close enough to the control panel to be able to activate the power center, but nothing worked.

This is at Tarasenko Research on HIP 103430 4C. I even logged out and then logged back in, the NPC is still there. Even tried to jump into SC and back out, landed, the NPC is still there. After I abandoned this mission I took a exterminate scavengers mission at the same location. Went and looked and the NPC is still blocking the control panel. Took a exterminate scavengers mission in the same system at Washer Biological on 5A. This location had the same type of surface installation, went and looked and there is a dead NPC in front of the control panel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_0003.jpg
    Screenshot_0003.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 85
I So you got a nice g5 suit n weps. So now what?
You've done all the on foot czs and 1000s of on foot mats gathering missions in order to engineer the weps n suits so now what?
I've done it all as have alot of others we now ask why?
There's nothing to do. On foot once engineered your are pretty much on idle till the next content update.
I like doing settlement raids in Anarchy systems. Once you clear the settlement, you take all the goods you want. Take power regulated, too, while you are there. You stack these missions that just what you the eliminated the same faction in that system.

I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Breath Of The Wild, but it keeps crashing when I play, no way to close except rebooting my computer, and it made me fail three missions in 3 days. I absolutely love this game, but I wish to enjoy myself without it crashing all the time. Thank you so much for taking the time to both read our reports, and for making such a fun experience!

Can something be done about it or should we wait another 10 years? The game is unplayable. Games from the previous era looked better. On Horizon it could still be masked, but Odyssey requires too much. Tragedy. https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/32228
So it is "unplayable" due to a an issue that only affects the visual eye candy? mhm. Ok. Talk about priorities. Imho, fixing the actually gamebreaking issues like unreachable materials, impossible missions and illogical balancing issues should come first.
However, I agree with you somewhat, you may have a point here: The graphics and performance issues since Odyssey in my view coincide eerily with the move towards both VR and platform merger, and it seems to me FD tried to push the engine out of its performance envelope in two directions at once, i.e., try to make it do several things at once it is not fit to do in its current state. I am not a business person, I am merely a customer, and I only play on PC, but in my individual view, FD should stop immediately what they are doing development wise, and fix the underlying issues with base game and engine, like not brush over them and do some surface polishing, but dive deep and actually fix it solidly, before advancing any further. For a series of updates that seem to open more issues than they fix, they seem to be on the path of ruining an absolutely brilliant game by sticking too much glitter on it too fast. The core game is absolutely amazing, brilliant, stunning and unique. They shouldn´t have it also be WoW, CoD & SC, on all platforms and in VR at once because they think the global potential customer base may want it. As we say in my country, it´s an "egg laying wool-milk-pig", and these are always fantasy, they never deliver in real life.
But then again, I am the guy who still plays Diablo II and Borderlands, and still like them for what they are. Dunno. ED:O just feels overstretched atm, like a yeast dough that was sitting too long: super smooth and shiny, but will deflate and crumble in the oven.

Last edited:
Frontier - will you please fix your bugs. I am so tired of not being able to finish missions through no fault of mine. I got fined 100k CR's because I cannot activate the power center because there is a dead NPC in the way. Picture attached that shows the NPC. I tired everything to try and get close enough to the control panel to be able to activate the power center, but nothing worked.

This is at Tarasenko Research on HIP 103430 4C. I even logged out and then logged back in, the NPC is still there. Even tried to jump into SC and back out, landed, the NPC is still there. After I abandoned this mission I took a exterminate scavengers mission at the same location. Went and looked and the NPC is still blocking the control panel. Took a exterminate scavengers mission in the same system at Washer Biological on 5A. This location had the same type of surface installation, went and looked and there is a dead NPC in front of the control panel.
he adores you for trying to move his overweighted body:)

So it is "unplayable" due to a an issue that only affects the visual eye candy? mhm. Ok. Talk about priorities. Imho, fixing the actually gamebreaking issues like unreachable materials, impossible missions and illogical balancing issues should come first.
However, I agree with you somewhat, you may have a point here: The graphics and performance issues since Odyssey in my view coincide eerily with the move towards both VR and platform merger, and it seems to me FD tried to push the engine out of its performance envelope in two directions at once, i.e., try to make it do several things at once it is not fit to do in its current state. I am not a business person, I am merely a customer, and I only play on PC, but in my individual view, FD should stop immediately what they are doing development wise, and fix the underlying issues with base game and engine, like not brush over them and do some surface polishing, but dive deep and actually fix it solidly, before advancing any further. For a series of updates that seem to open more issues than they fix, they seem to be on the path of ruining an absolutely brilliant game by sticking too much glitter on it too fast. The core game is absolutely amazing, brilliant, stunning and unique. They shouldn´t have it also be WoW, CoD & SC, on all platforms and in VR at once because they think the global potential customer base may want it. As we say in my country, it´s an "egg laying wool-milk-pig", and these are always fantasy, they never deliver in real life.
But then again, I am the guy who still plays Diablo II and Borderlands, and still like them for what they are. Dunno. ED:O just feels overstretched atm, like a yeast dough that was sitting too long: super smooth and shiny, but will deflate and crumble in the oven.
I think that it is very likely that they are doing what you suggest, but that it takes a fair bit longer to improve the game engine iteratively than to add small bonus aspects to the game.

I think that it is very likely that they are doing what you suggest, but that it takes a fair bit longer to improve the game engine iteratively than to add small bonus aspects to the game.
well, there is always hope. I am patient. Let´s hope enough of the player base is, too.

@sallymorganmoore

small glitch in the modules ui. modules/moving to ship section.

1) take one of your modules from the module store & added
2) module to a smaller size class module. ( class 5 and transfer to class 3 spot)

Black adder : error

i tried it twice both crash to main menu, before it ask if you like to reload game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom