Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 9 Notes

I am quite dissapointed to see some major unadressed bugs in this update. I know you can't do everything at once, but come on:
  • It's impossible to finish the ship pilot license training as the "go to hangar" button stays inactive 100% of the time. This affects all new players!
  • Exiting a settlement terminal sometimes makes you fall under the map. This affects literally everyone trying to play in settlements!
  • Unable to access your ships after arriving at ANY outpost from the taxi. I shouldn't even have to highlight how critical this is...

Also a bit sceptical about the major points of this update (sorry):
  • Is it required to be two players to use the turret on the new SRV? Good news, that's a no! :)
  • Are the new settlement mission givers any good? Like... in the millions of credits worth of rewards? The credits per hour of Odyssey content is currently abysmal...
I'm happy to see new content being added with update 9, but if it's not accessible for most players (because they are solo), or not worth it, then what's the point? :(

Last edited:
I am quite dissapointed to see some major unadressed bugs in this update. I know you can't do everything at once, but come on:
  • It's impossible to finish the ship pilot license training as the "go to hangar" button stays inactive 100% of the time. This affects all new players!
  • Exiting a settlement terminal sometimes makes you fall under the map. This affects literally everyone trying to play in settlements!
  • Unable to access your ships after arriving at ANY outpost from the taxi. I shouldn't even have to highlight how critical this is...

Also a bit sceptical about the major points of this update (sorry):
  • Is it required to be two players to use the turret on the new SRV?
  • Are the new settlement mission givers any good? Like... in the millions of credits worth of rewards? The credits per hour of Odyssey content is currently abysmal...
I'm happy to see new content being added with update 9, but if it's not accessible for most players (because they are solo), or not worth it, then what's the point? :(
Almost got a line on my 'Bingo' card ;)

9? Nine lives ofc, which leads us to the matter of the still missing cockpit cats...🙀

Otherwise, sounds fantastic. Good job as always!

But this

Ship engine smoke trails no longer appear ahead of the ship after exiting Supercruise.

I'm gonna miss. Looked great in VR!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Ship/SRV/Fighter Outfitting
  • Updates made to the visual effect of the Thermal Conduit experimental effect.
  • The colour will now reflect how much of an impact on the module's damage the ship's heat level is applying.
  • Damage will also be correct.
What kind of correction has been made to damage?

Weapons:
  • Fix implemented for railguns not firing in slots on the Beluga, Type 9, Krait, Type 10 & Fer De Lance.

I hope this has been fixed also for the Anaconda, as my C1 LongRange rails suffered for the same issue (i.e. not firing).

Optimisation.
That is the most important one for me. Been having a go at Elite again the last few day`s as I now have a new HOTAS and my VR is up and running again. In Horisons it's fairly doable, but in Odyssey... it is somewhat of a slideshow. Will try the update out over the weekend.

tnx to the devs working on the updates and tnx to Sally for translating it all into a readable wall of text ;)
Keep up the good work and maybe do some VR stuff again although you said you would not...

What I did not saw is "Fleet Carrier interiors"
I was pretty sure that Frontier said it will be added in Update 9. That we would be able to see Carrier jump. There was even a screenshot showing the bridge.

What I did not saw is "Fleet Carrier interiors"
I was pretty sure that Frontier said it will be added in Update 9. That we would be able to see Carrier jump. There was even a screenshot showing the bridge.
No matter how sure you were, it was previously made pretty clear that Fleet Carrier interiors are not part of this update. The screenshot is for the devstream they're going to do about it.

Top Bottom