Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 9 Notes

@sallymorganmoore Perhaps found a huge issue, when boarding back to the ship in my Scorpion, I was placed in the cockpit and I then began taking random damage that wouldn't stop. I was able to exit to the main menu to stop it, but there was nothing around me and even when I lifted off the planet, I was still taking damage. Not sure what other info would help, but I can provide whatever is needed.
I had a npc ship on my radar when it happened to me. Turned weapons on him and he fled.

I am away from the bubble, but i have found that the planet textures looks better. BUT now i can't scan some biological on the atmospheric planets. My main acctivity to the bubble. Guess will have to wait for a fix, before continue to play the update.

Why doesn’t the mininag multi limpet module have a third function like the other variants?
Could it not also at least repair hull as that relates to something that could be needed while mining.

I really like the new SRV! Thanks a lot to the whole team! :) I would enjoy it even more if it would have some more power available in the weapon-capacitor of the Power Distributor, but it's OK how it is so far :)

I'm running into corpses in disabled settlements that have no name and apparently have a hitbox.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lMtKU8RA9E
Yeah I mentioned this earlier when people were talking about plant life not being scannable, this is the same issue with these corpses, you should be able to scan them and clone the ID for access in damaged settlements but it seems to be broken as you cant scan them in any shape or form, either by looking or with the scanner in either scan or clone mode.

PS Devs I like the AI changes to NPC scavengers in settlements. They are suddenly smart enough to enter a building to find me! Good work there.

The bio-scanner doesn't work anymore: The plants are highlighted in green but the scan option does not appear when approaching the plants.

Despite a good couple of bugs , there were a lot of fixes , sound now works properly no more silent ships when leaving supercruise , framerates are at 20 fps on planetary surfaces instead of 8 so we getting there .
still the same bug where everything is in the lowest lod possible for a long time but hoping that'll get fixed soon .
all in all not bad just a few hotfixes and I think it's a good step in the right direction , but please keep optimizing cause the framerates are still not good when other npcs are near by edit : also the graphics look way better now, texture look less blocky and more smooth I'd say dial back texture mipmapping by a bit should reduce the blockyness when looking at a distance or add an option to tune that ourselves , again thanks for the update !

Last edited:
@sallymorganmoore Dunno if this has been mentioned in the thread yet cause i've missed a few pages worth messing around with the SRV, but hostile flagging is broken which is a little gamebreaking in all honesty. For example if I shoot an NPC pirate in a team, that ship flags as hostile but the other 1 or 2 ships in said team that open fire on me or my crew fighter pilot don't flag red so its hard to tell whos attacking in a cluster of ships, not to mention the crew pilot wont defend if im being shot by the non flagged attackers unless I manually order it.
Edit: Both the ones that arent flagged as hostile due to the bug AND the ones that are flagged red as hostile because its one I shot, also don't flicker white on the sensor when they're hitting you which makes it even harder to tell who to target first if you're in a multi ship fight.

Last edited:
there's improvement in on-foot performance, but im not seeing the lighting changes on planet....
Elite_Dangerous_Screenshot_2021.12.09_-_11.18.18.62.png
Elite_Dangerous_Screenshot_2021.12.09_-_11.17.49.64.png
Elite_Dangerous_Screenshot_2021.12.09_-_10.50.20.09.png
Interesting: This was the first atmospheric I visited today:
Source: https://youtu.be/ZKorhwR60EA?t=543

I noticed on the issue report about buttons 32+ not working - I think it's possible this is more of a Windows issue rather than ED. This was affecting my binding for turning off/on my headtracking in another application called opentrack (admittedly was running this at the same time as ED). Started working again once I rebound them though.
I think not. For example Dirt4 is recognizing all buttons. -> How? In therads on reddit people told that games are able to extend the limitations themself, if it's implemented.
Yesterday I extend it manually via vJoy and Joystick Gremlin. It is not working fine and the process is sometimes difficult because the tools are often buggy.

There is a ticket from 2019, it's not funny that ED is not reacting on that and want to be a space simulation.

I think not. For example Dirt4 is recognizing all buttons. -> How? In therads on reddit people told that games are able to extend the limitations themself, if it's implemented.
Yesterday I extend it manually via vJoy and Joystick Gremlin. It is not working fine and the process is sometimes difficult because the tools are often buggy.

There is a ticket from 2019, it's not funny that ED is not reacting on that and want to be a space simulation.
It is on their 'todo' list, but has not been started yet, optimisation and the reinstatement of launch features (listed as 'new' content) is taking priority.
Once the code is being ported to consoles it may be possible to have the coding team address some of the less urgent tasks.

Back
Top Bottom