Elite Dangerous’ Odyssey update delayed indefinitely for consoles

The silicone shortage is a result primarily of Covid and is impacting all sorts of manufacturing operations, not just computer and console hardware.

Frontier began development for Odyssey in 2018/9.

The two aren't necessarily related at all. If they had planned a new gen console version - like they did with Planet Coaster which has been under development in the same timeframe - it'd be in the plan regardless of the constrained supply of PS5s (still the fastest selling console of all time by the way...)

o7

Last edited:
The silicone shortage is a result primarily of Covid and is impacting all sorts of manufacturing operations, not just computer and console hardware.

Frontier began development for Odyssey in 2018/9.

The two aren't necessarily related at all. If they had planned a new gen console version - like they did with Planet Coaster which has been under development in the same timeframe - it'd be in the plan regardless of the constrained supply of PS5s (still the fastest selling console of all time by the way...)

o7
There are plenty of PS4 titles that look far more graphically and technically advanced than what I’ve seen of odyssey so there must be something specific in the way it’s built that’s causing so many issues

@GavDCook its probably because of the scalpers. This generation of consoles for some reason are being over run by them.
That's probably because they can make a right killing due to the shortage in the market.... hard to find console = over the odds price for those selling them on! [Do you wait (a long time) or pay £900+ for a unit from a scalper?]

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
So why are there plenty available in South America but not in the UK, I’m more annoyed at Sony for forcing developers hands than FDEV.
Maybe the PS5 is less popular in South America, so its not selling out like it does in the UK. I have no idea to be honest about South America. I suggest following IGN UK Deals or DF Deals on twitter and signing up to pings from them, they had alerts for PS5's in the UK just this past week.

Quite a few of us here are from the UK and have managed to get hold of a PS5, its difficult sure but, not impossible.

Top Bottom