Elite Dangerous | Titan Indra Vulnerable & Thargoid War Changes

Decal
I don't understand the odd placement of the stars on the emblem. Has this been asked before?
It's now Titan 5 and it looks like 00X00.
Questions:
1. Do we not get any more emblems ?
2. After the last Titan it will look like (+3): 0XXXX ?
3. Are we waiting for more Titans to arrive ?

Let's wait for the weekend turnout to finish first - Thursday was around one and a half hearts gone(I think), then Friday slowed way down. But I don't think it will continue as slowly as that day.

If I end up being wrong, well, feel free to point me back to this post.

It has sped up in the last couple of hours. In case I am wrong, feel free to point me back to mine. :)

After the last Titan it will look like (+3): 0XXXX ?
It will look something like this:
1000006851.jpg

Well one of the decals and kits anyway.

It will only be the ones in the OP if this is the fifth Titan kill you have qualified for.
That's how I understood it to work. If after all 8 Titans are killed you only get a decal with 5 stars on it that's because you only took part in 5 of them. It's also sequential so if you did Taranis, Leigong and Oya but missed out Hadad you will get the Hadad one at Indra or whatever Titan you take part in next.

So... I got the ship kit and the decal?
(if the answer is yes. Thank you so much)
If the first one, you will obtain the Chieftain (first titan reward, I have it for killing Taranis).
Second one? Cobra Mk3
Third one, Krait Mk2
Fourth one, Anaconda
If this is your 5th Titan, you will obtain the Cutter.

I joined all the previous ones and have the rewards, but your question "I qualify?" make me doubt about your previous rewards.

Well, it's got plenty of time to decide that staying isn't worth it and to make a run. The outcome will be the same, no more Titan in human space.

Somehow, don't think it will... because for some reason, violently exploding into a giant caustic death cloud for no good reason is what they do when threatened. Not "Maybe we shouldn't allow our giant capital ships to be reduced to scrap when they've been isolated and are vulnerable to getting shot up".

Last edited:
Well, it's got plenty of time to decide that staying isn't worth it and to make a run. The outcome will be the same, no more Titan in human space.

Somehow, don't think it will... because for some reason ,violently exploding into a giant caustic death cloud for no good reason is what they do when threatened. Not "Maybe we shouldn't allow our giant capital ships to be reduced to scrap when they've been isolated and are vulnerable to getting shot up".

Yeah, Thargoids don't seem to be a very intelligent race. :ROFLMAO:

INT. OYA CIC - DAY:

• OS: "Captain! There's a swarm of humans popping the heat vents and hitting the core every five minutes!"
  • XO: "That's exactly what took down Taranis and Leigong in less than three days. What are your orders?"
  • CAP: "Don't worry, she'll hold together."

9643dd0f-2b55-47e5-853d-eaf638b228d0_text.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, Thargoids don't seem to be very a intelligent race. :ROFLMAO:

INT. OYA CIC - DAY:

• OS: "Captain! There's a swarm of humans popping the heat vents and hitting the core every five minutes!"
  • XO: "That's exactly what took down Taranis and Leigong in less than three days. What are your orders?"
  • CAP: "Don't worry, she'll hold together."
I wouldn't say that... but I definitely think they have some questionable priorities. Taranis had the excuse of just getting bushwhacked before they really had a chance to figure out what was going on, and maybe the ones at Leigong thought it was a fluke (though it could've been obvious by then already). Past that... well, let's just say, even allowing for us not having much of a clue how Thargoid brains work, there's very little reason to keep holding position in your capital ship if it's practically isolated and not serving much of a purpose any further except being a big, giant target. Even the Bismarck didn't try to fight unreasonable odds without a reason. Until its rudder got stuck, anyway (but I keep forgetting if it was only left or right which they could turn... but so far, I did not see any Titans suffer issues with only being able to turn in a circle thanks to damaged nav thrusters).

Oh well. I guess the drones decided facing a fiery death in glorious battle is better than getting their heads chopped off by the respective Queen they are/were ordered by. I'm sure the Klingons would at least appreciate it.

Somehow, don't think it will... because for some reason, violently exploding into a giant caustic death cloud for no good reason is what they do when threatened. Not "Maybe we shouldn't allow our giant capital ships to be reduced to scrap when they've been isolated and are vulnerable to getting shot up".
Perhaps the Titans are a cheap one shot device and not intended or equipped to travel anywhere else sort of like HMS Campbeltown in the Saint Nazaire raid.

I finally managed to get to the inside of the Titan and then learned how to survive in its proximity and finally how to deal damage to the venting core. +8 mil of credits.
Previously I was having trouble with pulse neutralizer timing and I was heading towards disrupted targeting circle which was misleading 🤡

Speaking of rewards, to hand the bonds do I need to hand them in rescue ship or any station will do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom