Patch Notes Elite Dangerous - Update 3.7.05

This is most definitely NOT fixed. I still lockup regularly when entering SC in a system with FCs nearby. It's better than it was, meaning it's not happening as often, but happens less is not fixed...
I was greeted by the blue tunnel of death yesterday evening after this weeks update. Have run 100s of trips to and from the damaged station earlier in the week and suddenly I get the tunnel block enough to make the game unplayable. Sometimes twice in a row, sometime I could to 1-3 jumps before hanging again.

7:43 AM CST download complete. Both Launchers show the same version.
one has Patch 5, FID b3hd5d3 on main menu and the other has Patch 5, HID:b3j5vft on the Main Menu and that is consistent every re-load
7:56 AM CST both finally connect to the same server.
8:14 AM I give up.
Managed one time to get both accounts to say they were in Private Group but at the same time both accounts said the other on was in SOLO.
One account could seemingly successfully load the game every time while the other only managed one successful load in 10 Attempts. 2-Orange Sidewinders, 2- Mauve Adders, 5-Taupe Cobras.
If someone would be so kind as to post a link to the instructions on how to do a clean installation I would appreciate it.
Thanks

I still have this.. Patch 5, FID b3hd5d3 on main menu and the other has Patch 5, HID:b3j5vft on the Main Menu and that is consistent every re-load
Last night I was able to get both accounts into Private Group and then Wing with only one reload. Played for a couple hrs.
Explored a couple systems.
This morning I had a couple hrs to kill and after 1 hour of never being able to get both accounts into Private Group I gave up..

EDIT

Tough choices here. Do I get serious about a Baldur's Gate Big World build, or do I fire up Darklands from Microprose 1992 via GOG since it still works and is still fun to play.

Last edited:
Got a new one.
Invisible Wing Mates
Go here to get the background. >>> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/pleiades-sector-ab-w-b2-4.556692/

Landed at the Thargoid Crash site. Logged out overnight.
Got back in the next day with only a couple reloads to get both ships into PG/Wing.
Turned on the Wing Beacons (Why is this NOT the DEFAULT?).
Got the SRV out from the ship that didn't scan the CRASH SITE BEACON so it doesn't know the crash site exists (???) and decided to take a tour and see if something would pop up that I could scan.
Had parked the ships on opposite side of the wreckage.
Got the SRV around and lo and behold, all I had was the wing beacon of the other ship and the other ship only had the wing beacon of the SVR.
Couldn't see anything. Not Lights. Not weapons fire by the SRV. NOTHING.. Couldn't even bump into the ship with the SRV..

Come on DEV's.
FIX THIS GAME!!!!!

Deleted member 38366

D
I'd like to do a normal Mining run again.

Some Dev Feedback on the broken Pulse Wave Analyzer would be appreciated.
(by now I'm almost fearing it is "broken as intended" of some sort)...

FDEV:

When is the PULSE WAVE ANALYSER going to be fixed?!?!?!?! This has been a confirmed issue for over 6 weeks with hundreds of complaints across all platforms. FIX IT.

When are MINING HOTSPOTS going to actually contain what they claim to contain? 1-2 VO per hour of pinging (assuming you can even find an asteroid due to the PWA being broken) is NOT a hotspot, and it's NOT fun.

It's bad enough that you release broken patch after broken patch, introducing more bugs than you fix, but that you break such fundamental parts of the product is absolutely mind-blowing. Learn to test your code.

I'd like to do a normal Mining run again.

Some Dev Feedback on the broken Pulse Wave Analyzer would be appreciated.
(by now I'm almost fearing it is "broken as intended" of some sort)...
Maybe we all should boycott and not buying the Odyssey until Frontier Dev fix the Pulse Wave Analyser ASAP? :unsure:

So I picked up my reward (monetary) at the Golden Stag - however, not able to get the 'Guardian' portion of the reward:

The top 75% of contributors will have Guardian Frame Shift Drive Boosters unlocked and a size four module put into storage for them at the Golden Stag by the 24th of October.

I flew out to Bray Landing (YUANJIA) - however, the Guardian FSD is still 'locked' for me.

Do we need to hang out in the WitchHead Nebula until the 24th to get the reward? Kinda itching to fly out to Guardian space and pick up more components for the 'reduced costs' for Guardian items at Bray Landing......

(OH....I did try relogging to the Main Menu, then back in - but no luck. Not tried completely relogging from the game yet though.)

So I picked up my reward (monetary) at the Golden Stag - however, not able to get the 'Guardian' portion of the reward:

The top 75% of contributors will have Guardian Frame Shift Drive Boosters unlocked and a size four module put into storage for them at the Golden Stag by the 24th of October.

I flew out to Bray Landing (YUANJIA) - however, the Guardian FSD is still 'locked' for me.

Do we need to hang out in the WitchHead Nebula until the 24th to get the reward? Kinda itching to fly out to Guardian space and pick up more components for the 'reduced costs' for Guardian items at Bray Landing......

(OH....I did try relogging to the Main Menu, then back in - but no luck. Not tried completely relogging from the game yet though.)
Go do your thing, you can get the module transported later.
Note: The Guardian Tech Broker discount at Bray Landing is still available for another week. (y)

though.)
BY the 24th.
The missile launchers were deposited late Friday for me (Aussie times).
Be patient commander :)

I have a memory of supercruise acceleration getting a small buff in the past and enjoying it, but I can't find the data. Can someone help me figure out if this actually happened? Not sure where else to posit this question so I'm putting it here.

Top Bottom