Elite Dangerous Update 7 Progress

Deleted member 182079

D
I watched that for the first time in like...10 years or so (more even!) the other night after finding it's free on Prime! Feeling like I definitely picked the bag with the pot lid in it now, I can tell ya.
I'm not embarrassed enough to admit that I never actually watched it... but then I'm a Netflix scrub and will have to wait another 10 years until it's available for a fortnight before it's taken off again, and offered by Disney instead :p

Been a professional software developer for almost 30 years, so try again sunshine...
Oh yeah? Well I take your 30 years and up it with 40 years of software development, 40 years of nuclear reactor operation, 40 years of flying the space shuttle WHILE Designing Software ,operating a nuclear reactor, AND doing standup comedy, and I don't believe you...

Don't be a turdhammer... Try being nice and not a nasty bridge troll that needs to be spanked and sent to bed with no dinner. Folks behind the avatars are human after all and again, stop being a turdhammer...

Oh yeah? Well I take your 30 years and up it with 40 years of software development, 40 years of nuclear reactor operation, 40 years of flying the space shuttle WHILE Designing Software ,operating a nuclear reactor, AND doing standup comedy, and I don't believe you...

That's a tad unlikely don't you think? But I am a software developer, and I don't really care whether you believe me or not. 🤷‍♀️

Don't be a turdhammer... Try being nice and not a nasty bridge troll that needs to be spanked and sent to bed with no dinner. Folks behind the avatars are human after all and again, stop being a turdhammer...

Noted. Apologies for being a turdhammer, whatever that is.

I just know that a large team of people taking a week to fix one (on the face of it simple, but maybe it isn't, I don't know the codebase) bug would raise eyebrows to say the least.

I don't know what people would do with this information if I gave it, to be honest.
It's asked a lot and it baffles me a bit. Is it so people can use it as a negative reaction somehow? I hope not.
It certainly isn't an answer that would help any of the current situation, is all I'm saying :)

I guess it's an easy to use metric to say that Frontier are still investing as much into Elite as Ever (on the assumption that the number of active Devs is about the same)

But you're right. If you said that 95 people were working on Elite today, I have no doubts that some portion of the community would go all "doom and gloom" on us. Being positive of course if there's now 105 people working on Elite, we could throw that in the doom-mongers faces and say "Frontier are investing as much into Elite now as the ever have" - whilst sticking their tongues out and blowing raspberries at the naysayers.

For the record - I'm just explaining why I'm asking, and I'm hoping (trying) to be positive and not actually expecting any confirmation.

o7 Eid

Notice how I haven't found the right response to your flurry of PP comments in here yet? I'm trying, I promise!
We know you are trying hard and we know that the devs are firefighting just as hard at the present moment in time (which is actually good news) but it kind of proves the point that like you said..being at the limit with just trying to stop the leaks and repair all the holes.. news of the future is somewhat on hold for now.

That's what is causing people who love the game to feel a little downhearted.

There's nothing really that can be done about it right now though other than head down and keep pushing and I wish you guys well, regardless of what you think of me, I'm not actually here to troll, I'm here to actively make this game better where I can and every so often vent to someone who has a real hope of bending the ear of someone who can make a difference. You are the only point of contact where that can happen. So I'm sorry but it has to be to a CM or in you guy's earshot for it to hopefully effect a change.

Thanks for the progress update Sally. A good decision to delay the release of Update 7 to include the CG fix.

I appreciate all the hard work the developers are doing on Odyssey. Please thank them for me.

Top Bottom