Elite Dangerous versus Netflix

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I haven't been for the mug, and the furthest I've traveled in SC in a single stretch is between 300,000 and 400,000 ls, which isnt long enough to really watch anything.

No, I've never watched Netflix or any other streaming service while playing.

Yeah, this kind of deserves an immediate block.

We could just derail it into an Open/Solo/Group discussion.
Viz:

I think watching Netflix whilst playing in Open should be given a decal since Solo is easy mode and it's not fair to watch Netflix whilst PvP groups are unable to watch it because they're blockading a station from BGS influence.

Is elite dangerous so much fun a lot of people need a box set on Netflix just to get through endless grind of "playing" it?
doing that for rank grind for both cutter and vette was only way to keep mu soul from crumbling.
For other activities no netflix (i do listen to audiobooks while exploring).

It's called Multitasking - some of us can do it well. Others have trouble single-tasking.

I happen to multi-task, and not just with Elite, but with pretty much everything I do.

Read a book, listen to some music.

Listen to music, mow the lawn.

Mow the lawn, read an e-book.

Play Elite, watch TV/Netflix/Listen to Music

I'm just wired that way.

To be honest i watch some netflix while i play depending on what im doing. Im running around searching sig sites right now. Its not that im not havingg fun. There is just a bit of downtime serching for the right ones.
a

Play Elite, watch TV/Netflix/Listen to Music

I'm just wired that way.

Me too. Looking forward to Galnet Audio for this very reason. Years ago, I dabbled in WoW and I remember the ten-minute airship rides between cities. Game had a damn web browser built in. And Bejewelled :)

The way I see it, I'm doubling my leisure time having TV/Netflix/Audible/Lave Radio on in the background of Elite/Civ/XCOM/Pony Island and increasing my Fun per cubic second without the faff of arranging an asteroid impact to slow the Earth's rotation.

Is elite dangerous so much fun a lot of people need a box set on Netflix just to get through endless grind of "playing" it?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never had a star in Elite: Dangerous grope me, unlike (alledgedly) a certain Netflix star... Just sayin'

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom