Elite Factions - contacts

Hmmm.

I ran a spreadsheet for a year or so.
Trouble is, it would kinda need maintenance. Way out of date now.
It would be good to have somewhere that was editiable like a wiki.
Also it has a "raison d'être" column which was kinda snarky / funny from an inside AEDC point of view.
Might need to cut the "DNA-Decay's free character assessment of your PMF" column.

Wow that site is empty and wrong. It includes only two Imperial factions, neither of which I've heard of, and if you look at the BGS page there are so many basic mistakes I don't know where to start.

Not sure where you're looking, but there are 29 factions in there (four associated with AEDC), 8 of which are Alliance alone. There would be more imperial factions if imperial factions would write their own in.

This is a great initiative, that allow player groups to add their own lore. I've had lots of fun with that writing for our factions!

Hey team...

Do FDev offer anyway to find out any information on player factions that arent on Inara as a wing? I have found a player faction that I love (and I had a similar idea for a PF these guys just pipped me to the post!)

I'd love to get more involved with them, however it doesnt seem that they are active? (i've checked inara and their influence is in decline?) If its an orphan Player Faction I'd love to take it on and start some roleplay with it aswell as gameplay...

Any advice would be awesome thanks!!!

Nice one!
One thing tho, the 'Friends of Varramool' should be in the HUGE category - currently controlling 26 systems with more to surely join up :cool:

Oh, I also can advise that the Defense Force of HR 4574 and the SEC are player managed so by all means add those also if you can.
Much appreciated [yesnod]

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
The official answer is it is not possible to make the list of contacts for factions publically available but if you contact Brett C or anyone else on the community management team he can deal with requests

Nice one!
One thing tho, the 'Friends of Varramool' should be in the HUGE category - currently controlling 26 systems with more to surely join up :cool:

Oh, I also can advise that the Defense Force of HR 4574 and the SEC are player managed so by all means add those also if you can.
Much appreciated [yesnod]

fozz, sign up, and change it yourself :) I created it, but don't wait for me to maintain it. ;) You see something that needs updating, go do it! :)

fozz, sign up, and change it yourself :) I created it, but don't wait for me to maintain it. ;) You see something that needs updating, go do it! :)

Hi Mangal.
I can see how I can edit the Faction description and whatnot, but not where to change what group it is listed in.
Nevermind, it's not a biggie.
Cheers.

WOHOO :D
I worked it out and sorted it [haha]

Last edited:

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
The official line from FD is that since they did not ask player groups explicity if it was ok to release their contact details when they set up their pmfs, they will not release details. However they are willing to act as go between. So contact Will or Brett and they can pass on a message.

The official line from FD is that since they did not ask player groups explicity if it was ok to release their contact details when they set up their pmfs, they will not release details. However they are willing to act as go between. So contact Will or Brett and they can pass on a message.

In other words:

The decision to keep details between a Wing and the PMF it supports from the public are legal by FD. Also, to gain knowledge about if a PMF is supported by a certain Wing and vice versa, one only would need to contact FD.

That's as transparent as it can get while still retaining privacy. I like it.

Dohhhh when. I get back to a PC I'll add a half dozen *active* factions or so to it. Should help reaching out as things get cramped.

How does one go about contacting Will or Brett about a player faction?

Hey team...

Do FDev offer anyway to find out any information on player factions that arent on Inara as a wing? I have found a player faction that I love (and I had a similar idea for a PF these guys just pipped me to the post!)

I'd love to get more involved with them, however it doesnt seem that they are active? (i've checked inara and their influence is in decline?) If its an orphan Player Faction I'd love to take it on and start some roleplay with it aswell as gameplay...

Any advice would be awesome thanks!!!
A bit off topic in here but since the OP replied I'll risk it.
The first thing to check is the PMF name in INARA under Player Factions. It will be there. It's also worth noting that PMFs do not always use the same name for their Squadrons as the Faction.
Once found, click on it and look at what stations they control. If the answer is "None" then you can more or less assume that the faction is dead.
However you should double check using the usual tools.
What usually works for me is Googling the name of the PF but preface it with the title "Elite Dangerous" to narrow the results down.
If you fail to find any active results in the Frontier Forums, Faction website or Reddit then it's likely they have abandoned the PMF.
One last try would be to fly around their systems in "Open" mode for a few days or so, in the hopes of meeting somebody.

o7

Top Bottom