Elite fighter keeps causing whole combat zone to become hostile!

Have there been problems with ship launched fighters recently in the game? Started playing again after a few months, Horizons. Last thing i remember was again fighter problems, my elite pilot kept being destroyed in seconds after launch in a combat zone. It seemed like a bug, and made me stop playing (i have done hundreds of combat zones in the past with nothing similar).

Now back at the CG zones, as soon as i launch the fighter and approach the zone, they all become hostile. Tried several times, same results in seconds. If no fighter pilot, no problems. Is it some known issue? I never had it in the past, have about 4000 hours in the game now.. Thanks!

I've been deploying a fighter regularly in the current CG without issue. Is it instant hostility? Or is the fighter attacking someone first?

Its not new. Its a problem that has existed since SLFs were a thing. On occasion, a SLF will do serious damage to an ally accidentally. When this happens the game things you've intentionally shot an ally and determines you should be attacked.

Its very noticable if you are defending an installation. One stray shot can turn allies against you.

In general, keep a very short leash on your SLF. Never tell them to attack at will. Always recall them (maintain formation) after a kill. And only ever issue the command "attack my target". Doing that you shouldn't have any problems unless very unlucky. I think in part because you have a target selected so the game assumes you are firing at the target even if there are some stray shots. Never issue an attack command if you don't have anyone targetted and most certainly don't issue an attack command if you have an ally targetted.

Top Bottom