Release Elite Log Agent - EDSM/Inara/EDDN log uploader tool

Release bulletin

Release 0.9.2.412
  • Bugfix: Fixed 'merged' portable version plugin loading (#61)
  • Bugfix: Fixed autorun for portable version
  • Added: Stub for automatic friends management in INARA (#62)
  • Added: More information for Massacre missions synced to INARA
  • Added: EDDN info screen in settings to avoid false impression that EDDN plugin is not working
Install via ClickOnce

portable shows only "General" in options, no Inara or EDSM

On windows, I have same problem. In setttings there is no INARA option.

The new release above should fix this issue - please let me know if it persists

Last edited:
It's stuck in a verification loop when I try to run it, any help?
Hi,

Sorry for late answer - I did not receive a notification for some reason. In "requirements verification" phase, ClickOnce tries to download missing prerequisites (.NET framework 4.6.1). I can see few reasons why it might hang:
  • You have a slow connection and don't have .NET framework 4.6.1 on your system - it will take a long time to download
  • You have antivirus/firewall which prevents ClickOnce from contacting download connection
  • Your ISP blocks access to Microsoft sites

Unfortunately, it is very hard to diagnose such problems remotely. If all else fails you can always use portable version

Last edited:
Release bulletin

Release 0.9.5.445
  • Bugfix: Fixed bug where EDDN will rarely receive wrong system name in 'Scan' event
  • Bugfix: Fixed passenger missions displaying incorrect text on INARA
  • Added: sending of commander reputation with minor factions to INARA
Install via ClickOnce

Released a hotfix (0.9.5.445), as "Import last 5" function was not working in 0.9.5.444

Last edited:
hello, happy new year! just a quick "thank you" for your very helpful tool. i am using it for some days now and it seems to do its job quietly in the background. data on edsm and inara are updated. have a great day and fly dangerously.

Important Release Bulletin

Release 0.9.6.467
  • Added: option to send friend requests to INARA commanders befriended ingame
  • Changed: EDDN messages will not contain "potentially identifiable information" (compatibility with EDDN release)
  • Changed: EDDN messages will always contain SystemAddress field
Install via ClickOnce

ATTENTION! EDDN has released an update to message schemas, prohibiting any fields which may be potentially used to identify commanders sending the data. Update 0.9.6 ensures compatibility with this change - so it is strongly recommended to update to it.

Versions 0.9.5 and earlier will be unable to update faction influence on INARA/EDSM/EDDB starting from today.
Versions 0.9.4 and earlier have an issue where EDDN events are sometimes (<0.3%) reported with wrong system

hello, happy new year! just a quick "thank you" for your very helpful tool. i am using it for some days now and it seems to do its job quietly in the background. data on edsm and inara are updated. have a great day and fly dangerously.
Hi there, thanks for the kind words! Have a great day too!

Last edited:
Important release bulletin

Release 0.9.7.470
  • Critical fix: compatibility with Elite: Dangerous release 3.3.0.3, which changed FsdJump, Location and Docked events
  • Bugfix: EDSM could very rarely receive wrong system name in FSSScan event
Install via ClickOnce

This release fixes critical issue caused by release 3.3.0.3 changing several journal events format. It is strongly recommended to update to latest version as versions 0.9.6 and earlier will essentially stop working correctly.

Last edited:
Release bulletin

Release 1.0.0.509
  • Added: support for INARA logging of mission completion effects (influence/reputation)
  • Added: support for INARA logging of cargo
  • Added: automatic exception reporting to enable more rapid bugfixes (uncheck "Report errors to Cloud service" to disable)
  • Improved: EDDN feed will remove more "potentially identifiable" fields
  • Internal refactorings & bugfixes

Release 1.0.1.518
  • Fixed issue with EDSM API key validation
  • Fixed crash when EDSM API key is empty
  • Fixed issue with mission material rewards uploading to INARA
  • Tweaked logging
Install via ClickOnce

Last edited:
Release 1.1.0
  • Portable version will now store logs and config near it, not in appdata/roaming directory
  • Disabled annoying "Downlload from Microsoft Store" popup when exact version of .NET was not available on target PC
  • Reduced number of config file reads during operation
  • Added toast notification when an error happens
  • Removed option to disable INARA plugin friends sync (as INARA now handles ingame friends differently)
  • Fixed a few rare errors in journal file handling
  • Logging improvements
Portable version users:
  • Please note that location of settings has changed. Manual action is needed for portable version to continue operating
  • You'll need to copy your config file from %appdata%\EliteLogAgent to where your portable executable is

Stupid question here - how do I know it's working? I've added my api key for both EDSM and Inara but I'm not seeing any changes to my numbers on EDSM after a session. Is there a particular place I should be running it from (log folder, etc.)?

Edit: I think we can disregard this question, I see my credit amount increased on EDSM so it look like it is working as intended. Nice piece of software!

Last edited:
Greetings Cmdr,
I'm having some troubles loading the program. Start -> EliteLogAgent a small launch window pops up then crashes. Please help! What have I done wrong?
Cmdr Shepard
Edit: I downloaded and installed the program with the ClickOnce installer and the portable one. Both crash with no message.

Greetings Cmdr,
I'm having some troubles loading the program. Start -> EliteLogAgent a small launch window pops up then crashes. Please help! What have I done wrong?
Cmdr Shepard
Edit: I downloaded and installed the program with the ClickOnce installer and the portable one. Both crash with no message.
Greetings!

After you launch the application, you should not get any windows - just a little Elite icon in the tray area. You need to right click it and select "Settings" - after you set it up and save, you're good to go.

If you don't see a tray icon after launch, please take the logs (see GitHub project wiki on how to find them) and attach them here or into GitHub ticket

I recommend using ClickOnce version to ensure you always get latest bugfixes - especially to adjust for breaking changes in Elite, like 3.3.0.3 update

Hasn't been a lot of those lately, but time has come again for...
Release bulletin - 1.3.0.597
  • 'Most wanted' feature has arrived - multiple commanders support! You can now input multiple EDSM and INARA API keys, and the app will automatically detect context of each journal entry
Patch: 1.3.1.606
  • Improved error notifications
    • network errors or log parsing problems will not generate a notification
    • notification text will contain actual error instead of "Error converting events"
  • Fixed configuration conversion for case where user has only INARA or only EDSM API key
  • Fixed parsing of 'loadout' event which is sometimes incorrectly generated by game
DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Release bulletin - 1.3.3.612
  • Fixed being unable to connect to/update INARA on some machines (due to TLS 1.1 being decommissioned)
  • Added menu item to browse logs
  • Changed some logs messages to less alarming
DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
after a fresh install of windows 10 I wanted to install the elite log agent again today but windows refuses to do so because it thinks it might be a security risk. all tips to override this failed. please offer a new version with an acutal zertificate. :)

Top Bottom