Elite lore.

In all other versions of Elite that I have played (including the original) there was mention of other intelligent humanoid lifeforms...
The Avians (bird forms)
Amphibians
Reptilians
Felines
Insectoids (including The Thargoids)
etc...

This version of Elite only has us and the Thargoids. Is there any lore written out that explains this?
The only lore I have found describes how the Galactic Cooperative of Worlds was gradually dissolved by the three main super powers.
Thanks.

Last edited:
There are some, I'll cover a few here and see if anyone else thinks of any to add -

There are the F'eelines, that some are asking to see graphically represented in ships. They are rumored to be close to attaining the status of new avatar users. They like to attack the controls of starships, at the most annoying times, although most get away with it. Often rumored to chase vermin, eat crap, and have long tails. Not normally harmful, but can be trained by expert pilots. Nearly forgot, four legged.

Then there are the D'ipp Sheets - these guys fly around at engineer bases and near to populated space, to sneak up on unsuspecting commanders, where they cause damage by hitting, or ramming with their giant e-wangs. Largely humanoid, but with a great number of character defects, amongst their hideous body growths. Often mistaken for hicks. Will respond to arguments about game modes, and often set about each other due to lack of food.

I've also heard of the Castout Captains - commonly flying cruise ships around core systems, shouting about percentiles and things. They are rumored to like Fish Fingers, have big white beards, and be tied to corporate fishmongers. Mostly humanoid. Some are rumored to like children, just that little bit too much, if you know what I mean? If you meet them, refer to them as Captain, or make the universal greeting sound to grant yourself free passage - shouting YARRRRRRRR normally works.

I've heard of a group of aliens that used to be seen more than now, due to recent updates. These are again humanoid, and very spiritual in their nature. The Recovering Alcoholic Revenants, are normally found in big population systems, often in Orca analogues. They perform shotgun weddings for inbred humans, and this is where you'll meet them. They have dangerous psychic powers, making the bride at these weddings repeat the same overused lines far too often, up in local comms. Like the F'eelines, they wear collars, but for a different reason, and have strange links to the Castout Captains in terms of their affiliation to young humans. Mostly harmless bipedal humanoids, often seen in dark coloured dresses, speaking in Irish accents, and saying things to do with being "part of his plan" a lot - we presume from research that He is Braben. Be careful challenging them to a drinking contest, these guys have skills.

If I think of any other ones, I'll come back over. Hope this helps you out.
The Hat :)

In all other versions of Elite that I have played (including the original) there was mention of other intelligent humanoid lifeforms...
The Avians (bird forms)
Amphibians
Reptilians
Felines
etc...

This version of Elite only has us and the Thargoids. Is there any lore written out that explains this?
The only lore I have found describes how the Galactic Cooperative of Worlds was gradually dissolved by the three main super powers.
Thanks.

I thought they were made into ashtrays and luggage.

The Avians (bird forms)
Amphibians
Reptilians
Felines
etc...

Thanks.

Let's face it, scifi was "zany" back in the 80's, back when Bell & Braben were getting their ideas.
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has a lot to answer for.

Since then, we've had a bunch of video games that tried to do the whole "aliens based on Earth animals" thing, and it rarely went well.

Can't really blame FDev for deciding to dial down the "zany" in more recent years.

Let's face it, scifi was "zany" back in the 80's, back when Bell & Braben were getting their ideas.
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy has a lot to answer for.

Since then, we've had a bunch of video games that tried to do the whole "aliens based on Earth animals" thing, and it rarely went well.

Can't really blame FDev for deciding to dial down the "zany" in more recent years.
Now that makes sense lol.
Cheers.

Crap, I forgot about the Bananaliens OP. They fly around the edges of human occupied space, in often phallic shaped vessels. They are often heard to talk a bit like Gollum, and there is a rumour that one has made his way into the human forum space.
Often described as juicy, and sweet, but far from this in reality. Never ever use the word "split" around the Bananaliens, or you're liable to be captured and transferred to the Kumo Crew - there is speculation of interspecies breeding in that area, but reports are waiting for a reliable spokesman.
Their phallic ships can be differentiated from the unmodified human varieties in several ways. The Bananaliens' shop often have non-eu regulated curves along their length. They are also often mottled with frozen dessert residue, and there are reports of some sectors featuring the addition of sprinkles to their ships.
Rumoured once by a corkney pilot from London, but as yet unproven - rumblings of an alliance with other fruit based aliens were rampant for a time, but as yet the Apples n' Pears species remain unseen. It's possible they live in a higher dimension, or that the corkney pilot was just drunk and trying to get to bed - who knows?
The Bananaliens are a sparse yet fearsome race, very proud, and proficient in the martial arts of drowning their victims in sweet, sweet inner fruity goodness. This is called glooping, and was made famous by the unnamed Bananalien pilot from the Del Monte sector. He say yes.
Keep your eyes peeled, as these are a strange and nefarious bunch. Nobody knows if they have limbs yet, try to catch one if you can, but be careful, they are not pokemon.

Fruit and veg have no place with the Kumo. Only glorious, flame grilled meat can be found in The Kings™ space.

The Alliance are all about regulated fruit and veg.

Well that's not what I saw on the Daffid Attenborough guide to aliens in the ED universe, but I'm not here to debate facts with a respectable spokesman... I imagine there is a little bit of meat on the Bananaliens though? Or perhaps it's about a small separatist group in the ranks?

You are correct though, that the alliance like all things green, soft, fluffy, and some dancing around the maypole. And I heard they were big fans of Right Said Fred.

This seems like an opportunity for someone to post a picture of certain feline imperials to...demonstrate...that the Felines are still alive and well.

I believe that is reference to more interspecies breeding. Imperial human scum, mixing with the F'eelines race of aliens.

Very deviant.

I'm not going to dig around for the quote but DB himself has said those strings in the original game did not refer to sapient species. So that's that. They're presumably still around as animals on ELW's spread around the galaxy, we just can't interact with them yet.

I do smell a bit of a retcon, but technically it doesn't contradict anything said in the original game.

In fairness to the OP...

E: D - whilst carrying the elite franchise forward has been built on a differing Lore branch than its predecessors.

That isn't to say that other species do not exist, just that - currently - they do not have a place in the overall scenario.

Top Bottom