Elite Observatory - Search your journal for potentially interesting objects, or notify you of new ones on the fly while exploring!

Hi there, I just started to use this great tool when exobioing. Thanks for this!
However I've run into a problem. Whenever I jump I get various error message popups that disrupts the game. They seem to relate to the Evaluator plug. Everything else seems to work fine.
Anything I missed or can do to resolve this?

See image for example of errors, and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ederrors.jpg
    ederrors.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi there, I just started to use this great tool when exobioing. Thanks for this!
However I've run into a problem. Whenever I jump I get various error message popups that disrupts the game. They seem to relate to the Evaluator plug. Everything else seems to work fine.

Have you tried deleting the plugin and re-downloading it, making sure you have the version that goes with your Observatory version. There's current released version and the beta version for testing I believe. I haven't seen that error since I started using it, which was shortly after it was released.

Also make sure you have downloaded the "old reliable version" not the "rewrite from scratch" version of Observatory, the plugins were written for the old version.

That error is saying the method AddGridItems is not being found. That particular method was added in the very latest release of Observatory (which is actually over a year old at this point, but still...). So it seems highly likely you don't have the latest release - go grab the latest release from here - it's the one in the Export Options section. Not sure if you're using the standalone version (which is ObservatoryCore.zip) or the installer (which is ObservatorySetup.exe) - if the former then just copy the entire contents of the zip over what you have alerady or if the latter just run the installer (in both cases, make sure Observatory is closed beforehand).

That error is saying the method AddGridItems is not being found. That particular method was added in the very latest release of Observatory (which is actually over a year old at this point, but still...). So it seems highly likely you don't have the latest release - go grab the latest release from here - it's the one in the Export Options section. Not sure if you're using the standalone version (which is ObservatoryCore.zip) or the installer (which is ObservatorySetup.exe) - if the former then just copy the entire contents of the zip over what you have alerady or if the latter just run the installer (in both cases, make sure Observatory is closed beforehand).
Thank you sir. I somehow didn't have the latest one. Had to uninstall, delete the folder and install the new one from scratch and it appears to work flawless now.
Again thanks for this great tool and fly safe o7.

Top Bottom