(Elite Photoshop concepts) Holy Monkeys, I just found this...

I love that thread. :)

Shame it got locked. :(

You should see(read- my Photoshop skills are no good anymore) some of my ideas. :D
I'm full of em'.

But don't ask for suggestions on a nice day out or what to have for dinner. Can't help you there. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Wow, what an amazing bunch of suggestions, that have been properly constructed with 'in-game' visuals and concepts - in other words, not ideas that get thrown out of someone's brain with no thoughts on how to have them implemented lol!!

These are wonderful ideas OP of the original thread, and thank you to @Moribus for sharing this with us as well, super job mate o7

I am not so sure about the space-bound SRV versions in game, but I can't see why any of the other ideas wouldn't be a good idea that would increase variety, and as OP often says, increase immersion - even if it is a job of flying round the outpost in the security ship and making it through each 'gate' in a set time - a bit like slalom-skiing or something; perhaps it is not something that would 'do it' for me, but I could see a heck of a lot of my friends enjoying it! And I love the way you have structured the security mission set-ups - both the mission board and then the implementation of the visuals around the target ships.

This is just fantastic work, and I really hope that the OP of the thread gets the chance to read this thread too, as I can foresee this thread growing to be honest, as once you take the time to look at the imgur album, it is impossible to not look at all of the shots and read all of the information!

I think this is once of the best threads/ideas I have seen in a very long time, and perhaps will qualify for my idea of the year!?! And once again I must thank @Moribus for sharing this, as I have missed it first time around, yet it is just brilliant and I would love to see lots of these ideas in-game in the future :)

Thanks for sharing, and great work OP,
The Hat :)

I wonder if Dale, as he has been around frequently these last few weeks, will have a look at the linked thread and will provide some kind of comment here? After all, he has not shied away from saying that legitimately good ideas are good in the past, and said he'd pass them along to the relevant team to have a look over.

I think that thread, locked though it is, deserves some kind of FD acknowledgment. A lot of love clearly went into those concepts, and they are fantastic.

I wonder if Dale, as he has been around frequently these last few weeks, will have a look at the linked thread and will provide some kind of comment here? After all, he has not shied away from saying that legitimately good ideas are good in the past, and said he'd pass them along to the relevant team to have a look over.

I think that thread, locked though it is, deserves some kind of FD acknowledgment. A lot of love clearly went into those concepts, and they are fantastic.

I totally agree, I don't know if Dale or someone else has already seen the Op's original thread but I think the work definitely deserves recognition.

I love that thread. :)

Shame it got locked. :(

You should see(read- my Photoshop skills are no good anymore) some of my ideas. :D
I'm full of em'.

But don't ask for suggestions on a nice day out or what to have for dinner. Can't help you there. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Lol can't rep you again for a while o7

Im fairly sure the Devs know about this. I seem to remember Tocoso being mentioned in one of the livestreams.

But yes it's awesome stuff.

I've said before (might have been in that thread actually) he should have been on the bloody livestreams as an employee after some of the stuff in that thread. It's pretty telling that his individual threads which originally featured the stuff that was then combined into the linked thread received some of the most universally positive feedback that I've ever seen on here.

Last edited:
Some of the stuff looks nice but doesn't seem like it's had a lot of thought put into it in terms of balance and practicality. For instance, allowing people to become Station Security and having them become completely immune to all station fines/repercussions would just be abused to high hell.

EDIT: On top of that, do you really want to see every Tom, & Harry's markers floating about all over the place?

Last edited:
There was a "who's the most famous" thread a while back.

A few people rubbished me for posting a longish list of CMDRs who I reckon 'count for something'

ToCoSo was on that list.
He's posted like five threads in his years of being around.
And they're each awesome.

I think locking that thread was a mistake.
Yeah There was a lot of bumping, but the ideas raise issues that deserve to be discussed.

I have specific problems with some of his proposals - even the popular ones.

It feels like he's a useful voice that has been silenced.
Whereas me - you can shut me up but I come back to the topic through the next opening.

ToCoSo's ideas deserve more thoughtful and critical consideration than "Yeah nice"

I understand FD's reluctance to comment on the features as it looks to improve on what they are providing... but I would like to have seen an acknowledgement from them

Kinda like

"We've seen!"

Here's the sad thing about ideas: everybody has them and unless they come with a long trail of fleshing out and making them into a consistent whole, they're worthless.

If you want a good time reading the results of many a brainstorm session, check out the Design Discussion Archive.

Never mind FD just commenting on this guys ideas, they need to:

Find Him,
Offer him a Job
Huge office
Huge wage.

And they need to get some/all of his ideas into the game.

BRILLIANT.

Here's the sad thing about ideas: everybody has them and unless they come with a long trail of fleshing out and making them into a consistent whole, they're worthless.

If you want a good time reading the results of many a brainstorm session, check out the Design Discussion Archive.

Yes everyone has ideas, but some people have better ideas and some people lay them out in easy to understand and engaging ways, like Tocoso has done here.

Top Bottom