Elite resetting microphone level.

Hi. Every time I launch ED, it resets my headset mic level to 81. This means that any ambient noise - such as the tv - cause Voice Attack to interpret it and perform an action and I have no idea how to stop it. atm, I'm having to launch the game, then go into control panel and reset it. Not a deal breaker, but a pita.

Anyone know whether there's a way to stop it?

Cheers

Windows 10 allows apps to have their own custom sound settings. Check that you haven't set something up for ED in Settings->System->Sound->App volume and device preferences.

I think our canine friend means this:

Hi. Every time I launch ED, it resets my headset mic level to 81. This means that any ambient noise - such as the tv - cause Voice Attack to interpret it and perform an action and I have no idea how to stop it. atm, I'm having to launch the game, then go into control panel and reset it. Not a deal breaker, but a pita.

Are you sure it isn't Voice Attack that is causing the level change? It mucks mine up from time to time such that I have to go to the settings screen in VA to reselect my "Windows recording device" (not change it just re-select it, it is annoying).

Anyone know whether there's a way to stop it?

Cheers

Turn off the TV

ya I did mean that(type sounds into main windows start button search) set that to do nothing as that gives apps permission to change levels automatically(games with built in voip)
with it switched to do nothing no vol levels will change from what you set them too
if that don't cure it goto were you setup a microphone for text to speech win control panel (speech recognition) and check the level that is set there
alternatively just get your pooch to translate this woof ruff woof woof :D
one of my voice commands for docking request in voice attack is woof lol

Last edited:
Are you sure it isn't Voice Attack that is causing the level change? It mucks mine up from time to time such that I have to go to the settings screen in VA to reselect my "Windows recording device" (not change it just re-select it, it is annoying).
Good question. I'll try starting ED without loading VA and see whether that makes a difference.

ya I did mean that(type sounds into main windows start button search) set that to do nothing as that gives apps permission to change levels automatically(games with built in voip)
with it switched to do nothing no vol levels will change from what you set them too

Did that. No joy.

mmm in the same area under recording tab then right click for the microphone properties advanced tab in its properties untick allow applications to take exclusive control do that too.
(the 81 value its defaulting to is usually the vol set where you first set up a microphone(speech recognition)
if your vol level changes after that the only thing I can think of other than voice attack is your soundcard suite software
but usually nothng I repeat nothing can change the vol level if you take away the permission for apps to do this as suggested above...………………..
a reboot may be required after trying my suggestions to cement in so to speak
if that don't cure it well you can call me a salty ol dog 🐶

Last edited:
Top Bottom