Elite Shipyard

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Loving the incremental changes being made to the drop-down menus, thanks.

Suggestion:
Combing the Discovery Scanners and Surface Scanners into a single Exploration Scanners category, to co-locate those related modules.

This is a great tool and fun to play around with at work. I have a small request though. Can you style the power values to green or red like it is in game to make it stand out?

I think I must be missing something but when I enter my loadout I usually get just over 13 out of a max 14.0 MW deployed. The tool shows my deployed power output to be 117% though which can't be right.
Cobra Loadout

Last edited:
This is a great tool and fun to play around with at work. I have a small request though. Can you style the power values to green or red like it is in game to make it stand out?

I think I must be missing something but when I enter my loadout I usually get just over 13 out of a max 14.0 MW deployed. The tool shows my deployed power output to be 117% though which can't be right.
Cobra Loadout

Do you have your weapons separated into groups in-game so they're not all deployed at once? Or do you have a lower rating KWS that draws less power?

Do you have your weapons separated into groups in-game so they're not all deployed at once? Or do you have a lower rating KWS that draws less power?

I have three fire groups:
FG 1 - KWS A grade (secondary) and beams (primary)
FG 2 - Multi-cannons and beams
FG 3 - AD Scanner

Last edited:
I have three fire groups:
FG 1 - KWS A grade (secondary) and beams (primary)
FG 2 - Multi-cannons and beams
FG 3 - AD Scanner
So if my numbers are right, the KWS and beams should be the worst case at 14.89MW deployed, but if you only see a bit over 13 in-game, there must be a mistake somewhere.

Can you send me screenshots of your hardpoints and components fitting screens? Or double-check the power usage of all your hardpoints in-game vs the site?

The tool is not showing the power for the Adv Disc Scanner - could be the issue.

Cobra Loadout

The tool is not showing the power for the Adv Disc Scanner - could be the issue.
None of the discovery scanners use power, do they? I just bought one myself and see no change in my retracted or deployed power use. The surface scanner does, though.

I would think they do, I wont have access to the game till much later but if you take a look while your in your ship at the Modules panel it will show for sure there.

None of the discovery scanners use power, do they? I just bought one myself and see no change in my retracted or deployed power use. The surface scanner does, though.

I would think they do, I wont have access to the game till much later but if you take a look while your in your ship at the Modules panel it will show for sure there.

That's what I did -- replaced a cargo rack with an advanced scanner, and my in-game retracted and deployed power usage remained the same. The detailed surface scanner draws power, but the discover scanners don't, as far as I can tell.

Not sure I'm legally allowed to; Frontier's EULA says "non-commercial use only" so I don't think I can put up ads or donation links. Happy to be corrected, though.
Commercial means profit-making.
You're not using FD's intellectual property (IP) to sell a product or promote your thing.
A donation doesn't involve a sale or a transaction. Anyone can use your site without a fee. And anyone can donate without using your site.
It's the very definition of non-commercial.
I'm also happy to be corrected, but I'm very sure that you can fill your boots dude.

So if my numbers are right, the KWS and beams should be the worst case at 14.89MW deployed, but if you only see a bit over 13 in-game, there must be a mistake somewhere.

Can you send me screenshots of your hardpoints and components fitting screens? Or double-check the power usage of all your hardpoints in-game vs the site?

Sure I'll take a screen grab next time in game and post an imgur link or something.

Edit- You're right I was using DF missiles last time I played so it weighs in at 14.33 MW deployed.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to squeeze in an on/off toggle column? Would be handy for thinking about and optimising power draw when, for example, in and out of Super Cruise.

Fortunately it is better than that :)

Another suggestion for something that I think would be quite helpful:
We have a handy summary at the bottom of the total available power generation and usage. Would it be possible to add a summary of how long hardpoint capacitor will last with 2 or 4 pips in Wep (ignoring utility mounts of they draw from Wep too)? Perhaps 0 pips in Wep too if that was helpful and not visually problematic.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom